Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Kmbankie: Wonderful Solstice and Alaska

Wonderful Solstice and Alaska

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

I have been on 30 cruises over the past 35 years and believe Celebrity to be best of the Major Lines. I have yet to sail on the "Top" Lines (Regent Seven Seas, Silversea etc) but sailing Celebrity has been just fine.

The annoucement that the Solstice would be doing Alaska in 2013 sounded great to me. I have been to Alaska many times, on many ships. I cannot say enough of how lovely she is. The whole ship just done right. The service great, food good to great and our suite beyond wonderful. Thank you Brij, our Butler who took complete care of us and 9 other suites!!

The weather in Ketchikan- 80 and sunny! My last trip to Alaska on the Infinity in 2006 we had the same beautiful weather. Don't miss the Dungeness Crab tour.

My one disappointment was the timing of sailing through Tracy Arm so very early.

I have always sailed from Vancouver enjoying going thru the Queen Charlotte Islands, but this cruise was out of Seattle and we had one day up at sea and More one day back at sea. No Hubbard Glacier or College Fjord or Glacier Bay; the real way to see many glaciers. But I want to be on the Solstice and so glad we chose this.

Thank you again Celebrity. Just receieved the Cruise Travel with a great article on the Reflection and how highly they rate it. Looks like Europe/Mediterranean is calling us! Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Royal Suite Sky Deck (10) 1614

Royal Suite 1614. The best (will maybe the Penthouse was better!). Large living and dining room, bar area and powder room (half bath-plus!!). Bedroom, walk in closet, tons of storage, vanity and super master bath-marble walkin shower, large jacuzzi tub, double sinks and spacious. Very nice veranda even had a jacuzzi tub with lounge chair and table and chair. Could live in this suite. Beautiful decor

But have done many here. Whale watching in Auke Bay, Mendenhall, Taku, Salmon Bake, Bike and Brewery

Read 838 Juneau Reviews

Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast

(5.5)

GREAT. Would do again. Lee really loved the tour and crab feast.

But have done the train up to the Gold Rush area Yukon and down to Haines several times were we saw eagles, salmon and a Mother brown bear with 3!! cubs all a different color in 2004. Amazing

Read 644 Skagway Reviews

Again a lovely area I have visited before.

Read 554 Victoria Reviews