Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Psykiksister: A Wonderful Cruise!

Psykiksister
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

A Wonderful Cruise!

Sail Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband and I have just returned from a 7 night cruise on the Freedom of the Seas, and loved every minute of it. We are a "mature" couple, and after a really bad cruise on another line two years ago, thought we would never cruise again. However, we decided to take a chance of Freedom of the Seas and are glad we did.

We drove from north GA and spent a few days with friends near Port Canaveral.

After they dropped us off at the ship, it did not take long before we were on board. Embarkation was smooth, no problem. We had lunch at the Windjammer just after noon, and it was nice. Best thing on their menu: the warm rice pudding! It was only served on that day however, and we never saw it again. Hey, Freedom of the Seas, more rice pudding, please!

Our room, a far aft interior stateroom was fine. We has booked last minute, so was glad to get anything. Our room had the most comfortable bed, where I took several long naps during the trip. The steward was very good More and kept everything shipshape.

We had My Time dining and made a reservation for 5:30 every evening. We had the same table and waiter, Leonardo, every night. Leonardo was great, a real professional. The food was quite good, with some truly delicious meals. My favorite was the Pavlova With Strawberries, one of the best desserts I have ever had. For someone who loves desserts and also loves to cook them, that's saying a lot!

This ship was very well organized from embarkation, to dining, entertainment, and leaving the ship. Someone has put a great deal of thought into keeping everything orderly and regulated. People were friendly and all the crew that I met were extremely helpful. The ship itself was very clean, including all public rooms. My husband's only complaint was the cost of internet service. He had planned to use this service but found it to be rather costly.

Entertainment on this cruise was just great. The musicals were very professional with some great singers. The ice show was really good, even if you have to stand in line for tickets. Go, you'll like it!

We did not book any port tours through the ship. Instead, we did independent city tours in Falmouth, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. These tours were interesting, and we enjoyed them all. There are a number of tour operators in all three ports that will take you to beaches, Mayan ruins, etc. All at very reasonable prices.

I would recommend this ship to anyone and would gladly go cruising on Freedom of The Seas again. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 7695

Room 7695, comfy bed, adequate closet, quiet location. Bathroom small but workable. The shower had sliding doors rather than a curtain. Again, small, but okay.