Carnival Valor Cruise Review by marief19

Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 8C
See More About: Carnival Valor Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Very nice

This cruise was very nice, getting on board was super quick, cabins were ready at 1:30pm when we boarded.

I had 2 bottles of wine in my carry on luggage and they let me go right through, also make sure you bring bottles of water as they are expensive on the ship.

We didnt buy the wine package, selection is too restricted. We went by the bottle and was graet. You get better service also when you order by the bottle (they get tiup on it)

Here are some keypoint:

Ladies bring a hair dryer, the one in the room is a joke.

If you have a weak heart, bring dramamine. I take it every 12 hours and I am fine. Otherwise, I wouldnt have enjoyed this cruise.

Book a cabin on the odd number side, you will see more of the ports.

Alot of people were loud on this ship, alot of kids also. I could hear people through the paper think walls, or I was unlucky and people are really not carefull. Yelling in hallways at 8am....

Barbados terminal has free wifi!

Our room didnt get serviced the last night, I was very dissapointed by that. Showering with old towels the last day...

We were on our honeymoon and got seated at a table of 4!? How weird is that. THen we got reseated on a table of 2, not a great position but a great waiter.

I wouldnt take fixed dining anymore.

Overall was good, islands are beautifull but you do need to take a taxi each time. It can become expensive.

I probably wouldnt leave from San Juan on Carnival, I didnt enjoy the class of people on board, no offence. When I had sailed with Royal from SJU it was more upscale.

We loved the scarlett steakhouse, incredible experience.

Have fun cruising :)