Carnival Valor Cruise Review by marief19: Very nice

Very nice

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

This cruise was very nice, getting on board was super quick, cabins were ready at 1:30pm when we boarded.

I had 2 bottles of wine in my carry on luggage and they let me go right through, also make sure you bring bottles of water as they are expensive on the ship.

We didnt buy the wine package, selection is too restricted. We went by the bottle and was graet. You get better service also when you order by the bottle (they get tiup on it)

Here are some keypoint:

Ladies bring a hair dryer, the one in the room is a joke.

If you have a weak heart, bring dramamine. I take it every 12 hours and I am fine. Otherwise, I wouldnt have enjoyed this cruise.

Book a cabin on the odd number side, you will see more of the ports.

Alot of people were loud on this ship, alot of kids also. I could hear people through the paper think walls, or I was unlucky and people are really not carefull. Yelling in hallways at 8am....

Barbados More terminal has free wifi!

Our room didnt get serviced the last night, I was very dissapointed by that. Showering with old towels the last day...

We were on our honeymoon and got seated at a table of 4!? How weird is that. THen we got reseated on a table of 2, not a great position but a great waiter.

I wouldnt take fixed dining anymore.

Overall was good, islands are beautifull but you do need to take a taxi each time. It can become expensive.

I probably wouldnt leave from San Juan on Carnival, I didnt enjoy the class of people on board, no offence. When I had sailed with Royal from SJU it was more upscale.

We loved the scarlett steakhouse, incredible experience.

Have fun cruising :) Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Empress 7358

7358: Decent space, very comfortable bed. I would take a room on the odd number side next time so I can better see the arrival and departure in port. WEll situated cabin, did not feel the ship move.

Rained for us but still very nice

Read 703 Barbados Reviews

Dark sand, was very nice! Saw monkeys also!

Beautifull beaches!! Loved the blue waters

My favorite island

Maho beach was a dream!!!!

Went to Magen's bay, very nice!! Calm water