Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by lauderdalegirl954: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

lauderdalegirl954

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

Bought a groupon voucher for $200 - does not include taxes or fees.

Cruise ended up costing a friend and I about $160 each with taxes and fees.

9/7/13 - 9/9/13

We were told we would have a ocean view, apparently all the ocean view cabins were taken so we had to settle for a Interior stateroom with no window...however they did credit us $25 each.

When we got to the port of palm beach, we saw that only valet was available for $15 a day. 3 days = $60. which you have to pay up front, not when you get back.

Once we parked we went in through security which was pretty lax.

We then went upstairs where we checked in and got our room keys.

After getting our room keys we bought a shore excursion (Snorkel Adventure Tour) for $73 each which included Lucaya Beach Resort Day with free lunch.

We made our dinner reservations and bought a bottle of alcohol which you can take where ever you want on the ship. The cheapest bottle is More $89..we bought the Ciroc for $99...total of $115

Finally we boarded the ship where we went to the lunch buffet. We were convinced into buying bahama mamas (my friend paid for)

When we finished eating we went to our rooms dropped off our stuff, went back downstairs to get a blow drier and hair straightener. We also get an outlet converter so we could charge our phones.

Our stateroom wasn't so bad, but like I said you get what you pay for. My bed had a huge dip in it like someone who was heavy had slept there and indented it, not very comfortable. The shower was small, bathroom small.

After that we went to the pool deck to get in the Jacuzzi and pool which were so small. Very disappointed. The pool deck was mostly just a little bar. Not like other cruise ships I've been on.

That night we decided to go to the buffet. The food was bland, reminded me of cafeteria food.

We walked around the ship a little bit, was not impressed at all.

Went to bed, woke up the next morning at what we thought was 8:30..turns out our phones were wrong and it was actually 11:30!!! we missed our shore excursion. they told us they couldn't do any refunds or exchanges so they gave us another shore excursion to go to which was not equal to ours. We paid $73 each for the excursion we were SUPPOSE to go on but ended up going on a $58 each excursion. The excursion they did send us on was a lot of fun though. We went on a sailboat and snorkeled for about 2 hours. They had "jungle juice" (alcohol) for the ride back which was nice.

Finally we got back on the cruise, we were tired from the excursion so we took a nap. I wake up from the sound of 2 girls screaming. Lucky us, the girls across from us were in a screaming battle. Everyone was standing outside of their rooms watching. Security no where in sight. After about 15 min of screaming security finally came but that didnt stop them. I had to leave my stateroom from the headache so we headed to dinner at the Rio which was okay, better than the buffet.

Then we went to the comedy show which was actually pretty good, enjoyed ourselves. Had a few drinks and some dessert and went to bed.

Forgot to mention, they never cleaned our room or gave us clean towels. We were both charged $24 for wait staff and housekeeping services.

All in all, I would never go on this cruise again. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 6313

Small bathroom and showerShampoo and Soap were gross

Snorkeling

was a lot of fun, loved the jungle juice!