My husband & I have taken a number of cruises previously but this was the first in the Med & with Carnival.
Embarkation at Barcelona was excellent & we both commented on how smoothly it went. The area we had to wait in was very good fresh, airy & with plenty of seating & a cafe.
On Board the food - we tried moston offer, entertainment- we went to several venues & shows & staff - everywhere onboard were excellent and they catered for every taste in music. At all times the ship was kept spotless.
A really good Safety Drill on the day we arrived & we also saw the crew involved in their own drill. Also plenty of info re hand washing
Enterance into Venice was spectular & breathtaking
Dubrovnik was beautiful
- We did not go on any of the excursions as they were VERY expensive and in many cases meant going out for 10 to 12 hrs at a time so not very relaxing. On past cruises we have made our own arrangements and did so this time too.
- 10% Vat + 15% Gratuity on already expensive drinks made us limit our consumtion to a couple a day - probably good for our health.
- $3.94 + VAT on a bottle of water in your cabin was also quite a surprise.
- $11.50 per person per day Gratuity was added to our account without prior permission & increased our bill by $207 - felt sorry for any family of 2 parents & 2 children which would add $414 to their bill. We were not warned of this when we booked.
- It was a great shock to find out on the Friday that Disemberkation would begin at 4:15am till 9:15am!!!!!!! The Cruise Terminal is a very big shed with a couple of toilets & a few chairs around a so called cafe - totally inadequate for the 3000 peole involved. What were people supposed to do? The water bus didn't start till 8:10am and there weren't many taxis available at that time in the morning. People who had arranged a hotel via Carnival also had to get of in this timescale. Most hotels ask you to leave your room by 11am and don't let you in till 3pm. We would have expected this to be the same in the case of disemberkation and we have never experienced this before in the 5 cruises we have been on in the past. There isn't much to do in Venice at 4:15 with a couple of large suitecases till a flight at 17:45!