Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by PatriotCruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by PatriotCruiser
Norwegian Dawn
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: SB
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Second Cruise on the Dawn

We did have the pleasure of having a suite on this cruise. My wife has some mobility problems so the extra room was very welcome. Being booked in a suite made getting on the ship and off the ship a breeze. The cabin was forward and had a balcony facing forward and another on the port side, which was nice when docked in Bermuda. The room stewart was friendly and kept the cabin looking like the first day every day. Our butler Jennifer was outstanding. We asked for coffee every morning at 6:30, like clock work she was there. We ate in our cabin several times and she was more than anyone would expect. She and my wife were sharing family photos during the cruise, and my wife wants to book again, only if we can have Jennifer again.

The food was very good in my opinion, every meal, in every venue. Granted the Garden Cafe was not Le Bistro, but it was quick, hot and we had outstanding views. We ate Italian, French, Brazilian and American, the extra cost was worth it, we both enjoyed the food and the service. One thing I did notice, some of the people in charge of the extra cost venues seemed a little too business like, until you pull them aside and tell them what a great job the whole staff was doing. Sometimes we forget that these people are on these ships for weeks at a time, a kind word, at the right time, seemed to go a long way.

Bermuda was great, weather was great. My one complaint, SMOKE. The casino was terrible sometimes our balcony was just as bad as the casino, the pool area was no better. I wish NCL would try one cruise a month as non smoking cruise. Or even do one cruise next season as a non smoking event, see how the bookings go.

We did one shore excursion, the Gosling Sunset Rum Cruise, worth every penny. You get samples of all the Gosling products, Rum Cake too, along with the history of Goslings and Bermuda, Dark and Stormy my new favorite dring.

We'll probably book again next year, if I can keep in touch with Jennifer and find out what cabins she is working, she was that good.

Publication Date: 09/14/13