Star Princess Cruise Review by rubyredvette: A Great Trip

A Great Trip

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Embarkation was very trying. Stood in line for two hours. They formed from 1 line into 2 lines, then back into 1 line. It was not a pleasant experience.

Once aboard, it was better. The Stateroom Steward was EXCELLENT. Annie took the time to remember us and questions we asked, she followed up to make sure that her answers were correct.

Wife is Gluten intolerant and the dining staff took extra care to be sure that her needs were met. Outstanding job by Head Waiters David and Giuseppe.

Two MaitreD experiences were less than pleasant. First night at my assigned Dining room, I was told in a haughty voice that my requested seating for two was impossible because there are NO tables for 2 on the ship and my travel agent had lied about seating for two. I informed him that I had selected the dining for two on Princess Website. We were assigned to another Dining room and we had table for 2. Second night we were 30 minutes late for seating time, MaitreD (different More one)said in a haughty voice that our table had been given away because tables are released when you are an hour or more late. I looked at my watch and back at MaitreD, asked the time. We were seated.

Food was great and service was great. I would go again !!!

We used the Easy Transfer to get bags to Airline and it was great. Less

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Star Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Star Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Emerald Deck a330

Great location close to mid-ship. Balcony provided a wonderful view. Only problem is that I never want to cruise without a balcony.

Mendenhall Glacier

(5)

Great bus ride and then some walking to the falls.

Helicopter Tour

(5)

Ryan was great. Wonderful view from a 3 person Helicopter. We did not see wildlife, but it is wildlife and you cannot push a button. Ryan felt bad and tried to get us on another tour without success. I recommend this tour. Loren and Ryan are awesome!!!

White Pass Scenic Railway

(4)

Nice ride, very scenic.

City Tour

(2)

This could have been left off the cruise.