Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Ismay1912: Rest and Relaxation aboard Norwegian Sky

Ismay1912
Member Since 2010
1,227 Posts

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Rest and Relaxation aboard Norwegian Sky

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bahamas

Just returned from another fantastic cruise with Norwegian Cruise Lines.

Having now completed a total of 15 cruises, 10 of them sailing with Norwegian, guess which is our favorite.

This was our second sailing aboard the Norwegian Sky, the first being the 3 day cruise back in Oct of '08. This time we decided to try the 4 day instead. Also, on the previous 3 day sailing, we chose the Starboard side Aft-Facing Penthouse on deck #10. Having enjoyed our little slice of heaven at that time, we decided to, once again, go with the same suite, although on the port side of the ship. I have to tell you the wrap around balconies with this category are to die for. I have to admit, after seeing some of the other standard balcony staterooms, I can assure you that this balcony is the way to go.

We always find the crew aboard (any) Norwegian vessel to be in good spirits, attentive to our needs (although we have none), and simply enjoy the "I'm Home feeling" that overcomes us More upon stepping upon the vessel.

We try various dining venues and are always satisfied with the outcome. How can you not?? They are more than willing to bring you something else, should your first choice not meet your expectations.

For us the night-time is the cruise experience. We enjoy dressing for dinner, maybe not in a tie every night, but a nice shirt, and perhaps a jacket is usually in order. We can appreciate the individual that is on vacation and choses to "go easy" on the wardrobe. After all, that's what Freestyle Cruising is all about.

I have read many negative reviews in the past. Mostly, I can't seem to find what these people are crying about. You're on vacation! Roll with it. Is everything 100% perfect in life, all the time. Of course not. Why then are you on a cruise vacation complaining about.......waiting 20 minutes to be seated for dinner? (They give you a free glass of champagne while you're waiting.) Personally, we don't wait, anyway, but then again, I'm more intuned to how this cruise thing works.

Treat people how you would expect to be treated. Don't be nasty, make friends, and enjoy it. Life is too short, and tomorrow is promise to no one.

For us, the Norwegian Way is the only way. In fact, we already are booked for sailings aboard the Norwegian Epic in April of 2014, and again aboard the Norwegian Getaway, in October, for my 50th birthday bash. We are by no means of the "financially privilidged, but we save our pennies each payday to enjoy the suite life. Once you've stayed in a suite, you'll never look back. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 0064

Cabin 0064. Aft-Facing Penthouse Suite. This room has more than enough room for two people, and with a pull out bed, will accomodate 4. The wrap around balcony is to die for. Save your pennies, and enjoy the suite life. Once you do, you'll never look back.