1. Easy Departure
2. Shows with Carnival's performers outclassed the ship. The singers, dancers, and band were superb, exceeding those we have seen on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. We were not expecting such quality and would recommend attending all the shows with these performers. Even more surprising was that these shows were of such high quality on such a ordinary cruise.
3. Ocean view cabin(1436) was nice size with adequate storage.
4. Key West was fun and easy to walk
5. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
6. Disembarcation was fast, but we used self service option
1. Gaudy,ugly interior design in public spaces. Of the six Carnival ships we have sailed, this has to be the tackiest one.
2. Thrusters were noisy and vibrated the entire ship, but especially our cabin on the Riviera (lower) deck. They were so loud and the vibration so intense that we were awaken from our sleep every time we arrived at a port.
3. Library (books and games) is only open one hour per day
4. Cayman is boring for shopping and walking around
5. Ocho Rios is boring for shopping and walking around. Vendors, street people, taxi drivers stop literally every five minutes. It's very annoying!! We heard excellant reviews of the bobsled ride at Mystic Mountain from our tablemates. They said it was very much fun. They also said the Dunn's River Falls were only average and over-rated.
6. The ship layout is poor and requires you to go up or down to another deck to traverse the ship on many decks. Public bathrooms are closet size.
7. Many passengers were loud and noisy in the hallways and their rooms, as well as in public spaces.