Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by tigermull: Great Entertainment
Member Since 2009
Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Eastern Caribbean Cruises
1. Easy Departure
2. Shows with Carnival's performers outclassed the ship. The singers, dancers, and band were superb, exceeding those we have seen on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. We were not expecting such quality and would recommend attending all the shows with these performers. Even more surprising was that these shows were of such high quality on such a ordinary cruise.
3. Ocean view cabin(1436) was nice size with adequate storage.
4. Key West was fun and easy to walk
5. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
6. Disembarcation was fast, but we used self service option
1. Gaudy,ugly interior design in public spaces. Of the six Carnival ships we have sailed, this has to be the tackiest one.
2. Thrusters were noisy and vibrated the entire ship, but especially our cabin on the Riviera (lower) deck. They were so loud and the vibration so intense that we were awaken from our sleep every time we More arrived at a port.
3. Library (books and games) is only open one hour per day
4. Cayman is boring for shopping and walking around
5. Ocho Rios is boring for shopping and walking around. Vendors, street people, taxi drivers stop literally every five minutes. It's very annoying!! We heard excellant reviews of the bobsled ride at Mystic Mountain from our tablemates. They said it was very much fun. They also said the Dunn's River Falls were only average and over-rated.
6. The ship layout is poor and requires you to go up or down to another deck to traverse the ship on many decks. Public bathrooms are closet size.
7. Many passengers were loud and noisy in the hallways and their rooms, as well as in public spaces. Less
Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>
Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Oceanview Riviera 1436
Ocean View 1436 -Good size, good storage, comfortable bed, terrible noisy when thrusters are used at port arrivals, fellow passengers were noisy in adjacent rooms and hallways
Port and Shore Excursions
Town is nothing special. Probably a better choice would be a beach or water sports
Fun to walk around, decent shopping choices, good choice of activities
A pleasant experience from a C...
Celebrity Summit 11/2014
Worth the Wait