Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by momapryor1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by momapryor1
Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: momapryor1
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda

Breakaway - Pleasantly Surprised

After reading so many bad reviews I was feeling a bit apprehensive about going on my cruise this past week. All I can say is that my husband and I and our 5 friends who joined us, were more than pleasantly surprised at how nice everything was on our cruise. We had a mid-ship balcony cabin which was very nice and more than adequate for the two of us. Our cabin Stewart Manuel was just wonderful. He made our trip very enjoyable, and went out of his way for us. As a matter of fact everyone on the ship went out of their way to make sure we had a good time. We were always greeted with big smiles. I believe if you set the tone as someone who is there to enjoy yourself and look on the positive side then everyone around you will react to that and treat you accordingly.

The ship was full to capacity during our cruise but the only time we felt crowded was after the muster drill and when an event let out and you were trying to get an elevator. To avoid this is was simple enough to walk up or down a flight of stairs and get an elevator from there. We had dinner in the Manhattan room twice and both times we enjoyed our experience very much. We ate at several specialty restaurants, Le Bistro, Cagney's, Teppanyaki, Moderno Churrascario and Ocean Blue. All of these were exceptional starting with the service and ending with fabulous food.

We did find Spice H2O at the back of the ship which by day is a great place to relax in a lounge chair, get some sun, cool off in the waterfall or hot tub and sip a cocktail. There are no children allowed in this area during the day which makes it very enjoyable. We found many places on the ship where almost nobody goes as well as busy areas such as the main pool and recreational area, but never did we feel that we were packed in like sardines. In general I would say you have to make your own good time. Having never been on any other cruises I have nothing to compare the Breakaway to, but I know when it came time to leave I didn't want to.

We had a great time and can't say enough about how well we were treated on the ship. The crew worked very hard to make us comfortable and to make sure we had a good time. I'm not sure if this was always true, but I can tell you it is true now. Try to take the negative reviews posted here with a grain of salt and don't worry like I did. We were really pleasantly surprised at how nice everything was and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We will definitely go on another cruise. Hope this review helps.

Publication Date: 09/13/13