Norwegian Breakaway 5

“Breakaway - Pleasantly Surprised”
Cruise review of Norwegian Breakaway

momapryor1
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

After reading so many bad reviews I was feeling a bit apprehensive about going on my cruise this past week. All I can say is that my husband and I and our 5 friends who joined us, were more than pleasantly surprised at how nice everything was on our cruise. We had a mid-ship balcony cabin which was very nice and more than adequate for the two of us. Our cabin Stewart Manuel was just wonderful. He made our trip very enjoyable, and went out of his way for us. As a matter of fact everyone on the ship went out of their way to make sure we had a good time. We were always greeted with big smiles. I believe if you set the tone as someone who is there to enjoy yourself and look on the positive side then everyone around you will react to that and treat you accordingly.

The ship was full to capacity during our cruise but the only time we felt crowded was after the muster drill and when an event let out and you were trying to get an elevator. To avoid this is was simple enough to walk More up or down a flight of stairs and get an elevator from there. We had dinner in the Manhattan room twice and both times we enjoyed our experience very much. We ate at several specialty restaurants, Le Bistro, Cagney's, Teppanyaki, Moderno Churrascario and Ocean Blue. All of these were exceptional starting with the service and ending with fabulous food.

We did find Spice H2O at the back of the ship which by day is a great place to relax in a lounge chair, get some sun, cool off in the waterfall or hot tub and sip a cocktail. There are no children allowed in this area during the day which makes it very enjoyable. We found many places on the ship where almost nobody goes as well as busy areas such as the main pool and recreational area, but never did we feel that we were packed in like sardines. In general I would say you have to make your own good time. Having never been on any other cruises I have nothing to compare the Breakaway to, but I know when it came time to leave I didn't want to.

We had a great time and can't say enough about how well we were treated on the ship. The crew worked very hard to make us comfortable and to make sure we had a good time. I'm not sure if this was always true, but I can tell you it is true now. Try to take the negative reviews posted here with a grain of salt and don't worry like I did. We were really pleasantly surprised at how nice everything was and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We will definitely go on another cruise. Hope this review helps. Less

Norwegian Breakaway Cruises to Bermuda

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

10810
Great view, comfortable bed, bed near closet, balcony big enough for 2, quiet section of hallway, good location.

Bermuda was amazing, and very beautiful. We decided not to take a planned excursion, but instead we hired a mini van to take the 7 of us around. One day we took a 3 hours tour and stayed in Hamilton and went around on our own and then took the ferry back to the ship. One day we took a taxi to Horseshoe Bay for a few hours and then came back to Dockyard and went to the shops and Bone Fish Restaurant, the third day we took the same van with the same tour guide, Juanita who was terrific. She took us a for a 5 hour tour and went all the way to St. George and waited for us to go into the Crystal Caves, which were great. She let us decide what we wanted to do at each area. She was very informative and very nice.

Read 155 Hamilton Reviews

Published 09/13/13

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review

Norwegian Breakaway Cruises to Bermuda

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?