Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by cathbella: Had a great time!

cathbella
Member Since 2011

Had a great time!

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I bought 3 groupons last November for myself and my boyfriend, daughter (26) and her boyfriend, and son (23) and his girlfriend. I did it as Christmas presents. This is the cost in a nutshell: Groupon for 2 $199.00

Taxes for 2 $120.00 (paid when you call to book the cruise), Gratuity and fuel charge for 2 $100.00, parking is $30.00. So the total amount for 2 people was $450.00. I thought it was well worth it and we had a blast! The only issue with groupons is there are a lot of dates that you can't use it so you must be flexible.

The groupon included Ocean view. We stayed on the 8th floor with a big ocean window. The rooms were as spacious as carnival, princess, royal caribbean. Ive been on lots of cruises. The rooms were clean and good! I live in a beautiful condo in South Beach so I am picky. Again, the ocean view rooms were fine!

We arrived at the ship at 12:30, valeted the car (that's the $30.00 charge, you can only valet) and practically walked right on More the ship. No lines at all. The only line was to make restaurant reservations which I had already done ONLINE so we got to skip this line. Our rooms were ready when we got on the ship. We then went to the pool and got our first cocktail.

Dinners: I had made reservations at the Crystal Restaurant the first night and Rio the second night. We LOVED the Crystal. Sit down, elegant atmosphere, great waiter. It was awesome. We went to the rio the next night and couldn't believe the difference. NOT elegant at all, mostly buffet (except for the main course they bring you). So we hurried back to the Crystal Restaurant and begged to eat there. So my suggestion EAT AT CRYSTAL HOUSE BOTH NIGHTS! You will be eating at the Rio restaurant anyways for breakfast and lunches.

Entertainment: We really enjoyed it all. The first night was great and the second night even better. We paid the $11.00 dollars a person for the late night comedienne and then at 1:00 my boyfriend and I went to bed. My kids and their boyfriend/girlfriend stayed and danced until 3 am. They are still talking about how much fun they had. Be sure to be at the pool when around 3 on the second day . Lots of funny entertainment. The sail away from Bahamas is beautiful on the front of the ship where we stood.

We took a van cab to Port Lucaya Resort for the day. ($10.00 roundtrip per person) I thought we would have to pay the $15.00 per person fee at the resort but we found a lounge chair, swam, ate, and sunbathed for 3 hours and no one asked to see our wristbands so obviously we didnt pay. They don't take cash at the resort so you must use a credit card to buy food/drinks.

To sum it all up I thought the ship was great. I loved that it wasn't so big that it took you forever to get somewhere. We were on floor 8, pool on floor 9. Just walk one flight of steps and youre there. Walk down 4 flights and you are at all the restaurants. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 8114

Ocean View Room, Quiet, Clean, Spacious!!