Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by NLuvWthCruisn: Family Cruise

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Family Cruise

Sail Date: August 2013

I had booked this cruise in March of 2012 and so I had a long wait for this vacation. It was worth the wait and worth every penny spent.

We drove to Miami from Virginia and purchased the FTTF. I would say it's worth it especially if you have small kids and you want to go on the ship early. Embarkation was painless minus dealing with our carry ons. Showed up at 11 am and was in room way before noon. Took the kids for lunch and it was not many peope there due to being early and was great no lugging luggage.

Our kids are 3 and 6 and we utilized Camp Carnival. 3 yr old boy loved it and 6 yr old daughter liked it but had days where she didn't want to go. Counselors were great and were very strict on them washing their hands and making sure our cards matched theirs before picking them up. Big plus.

They had 4 comedians. Happy Cole-Hilarious and a must see. Tom Foss-Also pretty good as well. The last two Chris Wiles-He was ok. John Caponara- I only saw him on More family comedy and looks like that is not what he specializes in. So can't really say.

We went to 4 ports.

Cozumel-Went to Isla de passion through Carnival. We enjoyed this one. Beautiful day and plenty of bevarages and food was pretty good. Which was included in the excursion.

Belize-Didn't have anything planned. Just went to the port and was there for 30 minutes. Not worth going unless you have an excursion planned. Was not impressed with the shops.

Roatan- Rented a Private Cabana. Beautiful place even if man made. 6 yr old and DH had a blast. The arrval is a bit early so my 3 yr old was not feeling it. But would love to go again.

Grand Caymen-I had nothing planned but go to the shops. Been there 2 times before and it's a beautiful place and worth going to. However it was a rainy and stormy day that day. So I was glad I had no plans but to shop and enjoy the ship.

Debarkation-Had prority and was off by 7:30 Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Oceanview Spa 1104

Nice and clean room. Not sure why it says extended balcony. Not any bigger than the standard from what I remember. If you are worried about not getting use of balcony due to rain. Then don't choose this room.It is not covered. Luckily it didn't effect us. It did rain but we were either sleeping or doing something else. I liked the room for it was quiet and convenient to Camp Carnival and not too far from Lido. Would choose it again. Didn't feel hardly any movement.

If no excursion planned I suggest just staying on ship. Nothing great to see in my opinion.

This is a very nice port to go to. However we didn't do anything but a little shopping and enjoy the ship. Plus that day was a rainy stormy day but that has no bearing on the Island.