Good Not Great!: Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by LUFCFAN
Overall Member Rating
Good Not Great!
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
The suite was nice, the service regarding the room was excellent - they clean the room and you never even see or hear them, but everything is spotless constantly. Usual (but very occasional towels figures) were left on the bed.
The ship is small (2000 guests). The decor is still reminiscent of the 80's although it was recently updated. The ship is spotlessly clean and well maintained although we still had 'toilet' issues.
The shops are the regular RCI'S shops with nothing noteworthy other that being very expensive and some items were just tat!
The excursions on offer were limited and expensive but we had dne some research in advance and did not take any other the the shuttle bus at Barcelona which cost $10 and we could have had taken to local bus (standing next to the shuttle bus) for only 3.50 euros - if only we More knew in advance! Guest Services (not suprisingly) keep very quiet about these sort of things!
The staff at guest relations, excursions, shops, etc were very knowledgeable about 'their' areas but little else! Even so they were polite and extremely courteous. It is clear that they are well trained in customer comes first service.
The staff in the Romeo and Juliet dining room (I had My Time Dining at 6:30 - early seating) was excellent. I have no complaints here. Unfortunatley, the food was good, sometimes luke warm but my main gripe was the lack of vegetarian options! Every night there was one veggie option and if you did not like it then tough! There's only so much salad you can eat and so some nights we would eat again at the Windjammer or Park Cafe!
We had breakfast at both the Romeo and Windjammer - both had their good and bad points. The former - you had to wait for a very long time for your hot breakfast that was luke warm! and the latter you had to find a free table BEFORE you went for your buffet. We settled on the Windjammer in the end by going early (fewer competitors for the seat hunt) and had a relaxed breakfast at our pace with 'hot' food.
The Park Cafe which made pizzas salads and sandwiches was also very good and is tucked away in the 'adult' end of ship which was a good late night eatery!
Norwegian or Princess would still be better options. Cruising is a great experience and a truly wonderful value that cannot be beat, but not so on this ship or with RCI.
1) Bottled wate at dinner - $5 for a litre but they will bring tap water for free but you have to ask! Once bitten!
2) A blinking telephone light in suite - We were not given password and and did not have a clue that our passcode was simply to put in our cabin number.Guest Services could not help. In the end it blinked the whole cruise!
3) Limited and Expensive excursions
4) Exepensive Shuttle Buses - 300% mark-up!
5) Luke warm food in main dining room.
6) Average to poor quality shows/entertainment.
7) Milk not chilled or stored in the open for long periods!
8) No shower gel in staterooms!
9) No fridge in staterooms as promised at time of booking.
10)No irons allowed on board and pressing service was $3 to $6 per item plus tip etc - Making formal evenings very expensive!
11)Shows/film/dining all over-laped and so something always had to give!
12)Pool temp very cold and hot tub temp very hot!
1) Breakfast in Windjammer
2) Activities in Centrum area - even better if advertised propoerly - we missed quiet a few.
3) Sauna/steam rooms always empty.
4) Excellent fresh lemonade
5) Excellent sugar free ice creams in dining room only
6) Excellent Staff in dinning rooms, cafes and staterooms
I would not recommend this cruise based on our experiences and will stick to NCL next time! Less
Cabin review: D16036 Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Good Stateroom with balcony. No fridge, iron or shower gel!Read All Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (D1) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
DIY - Walk down the Ramblas and people watch, buy some gifts, enjoy the human statues and then go back to the ship to eat!
This is Valencia - Go to Tourist info in Port Building - book tickets for city of Arts. Take the 23 bus from outside port to City of Arts - make sure you see a file at IMAX cinema and the dolphine show. Allow up to 6 hours to enjoy propoerly. Food is reasonable quality and not expensive.