AmaCerto Cruise Review by Bath1: Our thoughts on Amercerto

Our thoughts on Amercerto

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Other

We went on our first river cruise in August choosing the Amerceto as it had a small plunge pool and sit on private balcony.

The ship is very smart and immaculately kept by the hard working staff.

The cabins were well thought out, the shower the best I have had on a ship.

We had the top floor thinking that there would be less noise from above which is inevitable if cabins are above you. However the running track is just above and although a not before 8am is a rule, an afternoon nap is difficult. Also as the staff are not allowed to use the corridors so they have to use the top deck to reach the rear of the boat for their coffee breaks, does not seem much but as there is little white noise, its significant.

The breakfast and lunch were ok if a bit of a scrum, the dinners were disappointing and of bland motorway services quality. The waiters did a stirling job but were overworked and stressed and did not make for a relaxing time. Trying to take More orders, serve food, clearaway without the help of an assistant.

One day the salad course was 8 pieces of iceberg lettuce tomatoes and cucumber in a pool of wet, it made me laugh as it took me back to the 70s when my Mum made it and salads were still basic.

I thought they could open the specialist restaurant for breakfast, say for the suite cabins or for a fee, so that breakfast could at least be a bit more relaxed. People would also have an alternative place to eat if they so wished.

For those who like to do a bit of gym work, there is one rowing machine, two recumbent bikes, one running machine, a ball and 2x1kg weights and 1x5k- hardly adequate for the amount of people on board.

Get the food right and extra staff to serve it then you are on to a winner, otherwise I think we will stick to Azamara where each meal is an occasion. Less

Read more AmaCerto cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's AmaCerto Review >>

Cabin review: AmaCerto

Expect walking noise from above from crew going to coffee/rest area at rear and exercise during the day.