Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by My Nissan: Great Getaway

Great Getaway

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

My husband and I are seasoned travelers and have done many cruises from the biggest ship to the most elegant. Husband had some unexpected time off from work so we were looking for a quick getaway. I got a postcard from Carnival with some great rates on the Fantasy. Being able to drive there is a plus for us. After reading some of the negative reviews we were a little skeptical but decided that we have never had a really bad cruise so we booked a cabin. It was 10 days before the cruise so space was limited but we got a great outside cabin.

Embarkation was simple. This was our 5th time to cruise out of Charleston so we knew what to expect. It's a small terminal so they work with what they have and do a good job.

I had read reviews about the bad condition of the ship. We looked and truly didn't see anything to get negative about. We cruised on the Fantasy 15 years ago and feel that it's in as good a condition as it was then.

The Ports: We've been in the Bahamas More many times so I looked up shore excursions online and booked a food tour through Shore Trips in Nassau. In Freeport we booked a tour of some gardens through Pueblo Bonito. Both were enjoyable.

The entertainment on the ship was fine. The food was equal to most mass market cruise lines. Desserts were great. Nothing but positive experience with all the personnel. They were all very accommodating.

So bottom line. Don't be concerned about going on this cruise if you want a pleasant, relaxing getaway.

Debarkation: We brought our bags off ourselves. Simple and quick. We left our cabin at 8:30 and were on the road home at 9:00. Because of the size of the terminal it takes a while to get your bags if you don't want to deal with taking them yourself.

Go and enjoy! Less