Jewel of the Seas 3

“Average for Royal Caribbean ”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas

travlingal64
Member Since 2010
26 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

I didn't have high expectations to begin with since I knew the Jewel of the Seas is about 10 years old. We embarked with no problem in San Juan and went directly to our cabin. We noticed a "dirty diaper" odor throughout the hallways on deck 8 on our way to our cabin. Our cabin didn't have the odor but the entire week our hallway did. We called it the "poop" deck. By the end of the cruise that odor carried on in our bathroom too. It was my boyfriend's first time on a cruise and he wasn't happy with that awful odor so he didn't have a great first impression. :(

The days at sea were good and we did alot of activities such as Bingo/wine tasting/pool/shopping etc. to keep us occupied. As usual on these ships the pools are very small and overcrowded with too many people so we went to the 12th or 13th deck for more privacy and relaxation.

The ports were all good but I wasn't impressed with St. Kitts. We did an excursion to Nevis and that was just okay, nothing to write home More about. The highlight of this cruise for me was Aruba. I have been there many, many times and that is why I booked this particular itinerary.

The food on the ship was sub par if that. This has been my 4th RCCL cruise and I really think they have cut back alot! I was very dissapointed to hear that they served the lobster dinner the evening we were in Aruba. I guess they were cutting back again since the ship didn't leave port until 11pm and they figured alot of passengers would be dining in Aruba as I did.

Overall it was just average for me. I would try another RCCL but I do prefer Celebrity cruises over RCCL for sure! Less

Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

E18048
Beds/pillows were not that comfortable. Smelly hallway- poop deck

Published 09/09/13

Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review

Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?