“What's with all the negative reviews?”
Cruise review of Norwegian Dawn

NCLDawnSailor Norwegian Dawn 5 What's with all the negative reviews?
NCLDawnSailor
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Ok...so...I read all the reviews before taking this cruise, probably like many of you. I was convinced that it wouldn't be a great experience. There were lots of negative reviews on the food, entertainment, staff and general appearance of this ship.

Getting on wasn't terrific. Apparently, they have this thing where they give out colored tags with numbers on them. I didn't get one. I was whisked through a latitudes line, as I have before because i have sailed on NCL before, this was my 5th. I was then told to just sit and wait, that general seating will eventually be called. I must have waited about 45 minutes. Not awful, but if you are told you get first seating, why have this ridiculous ritual?

Got on the ship and was very pleasantly surprised. It is beautiful. Clean, well staffed, and it was great to be able to head right over to the Venetian for lunch. Everything was going smooth, it's easy to find your way around, and plenty of smiling faces from the staff all over the ship.

Now...the food. It was fantastic, at every restaurant and even the garden Cafe (buffet.) No, I am not used to eating crappy food and do consider myself to be somewhat picky. It was fresh, hot, perfectly prepared and honestly, delicious. Staff at all restaurants are incredibly professional. I waited, at most, 10 mins to get into one of the main dining rooms and this was at peak hour. I never saw any lines waiting outside the restaurants for very long. Never noticed any complaints either.

The entertainment was also pretty good. Some shows were better than others, but I did enjoy all of them. You will too. They have a nice variety.

The pool area needs work. This was the only area I noticed some wear and tear. As far as the music, I never found it to be awful. So many complaints from the reviews indicated that. I never heard that. It was tropically themed and people seemed to really be enjoying that. I'm not a hang out by the pool in the hot tubs person. I mainly walked through it or sat by the pool on the lounge chairs many times and I liked being able to hear the music and read my book.

Bermuda...this is my 6th time here, 5 on cruises from NCL. I cannot imagine anyone not loving Bermuda. I do prefer being near St. George, though. It was better when they used to dock there.

My cabin was very nice. They do a great job designing the room to have lots of storage even though the room is small. Beds are comfortable, and the shower having a sliding door instead of a curtain is really nice.

I have found the staff on this ship to be absolutely incredible. I hope when they get a chance to have a vacation, they are treated as wonderful as I was (and everyone else on this ship.)

So....the negative reviews need to sniffled. Enough is enough. I look forward to being on NCL again.

Norwegian Dawn Cruises to Bermuda
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Family Oceanview Picture Window

O15036
Cabin was small but very adequate. I never felt closed in. Very well appointed, having a small fridge, tons of storage, nice view, comfortable bed, two desk/tables, lights for reading and a sliding door for the shower.

Port

Bermuda is, as always, perfectly beautiful. The most incredible beaches, really nice downtown area and the ferries and buses are terrific. It's a walking city. Just grab your camera and get lost on the pretty side streets. Flowers, pastel houses and lots of areas to just explore.

Read 365 Boston Reviews
Published 09/09/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Dawn Review
Norwegian Dawn Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?