Pride of America Cruise Review by metrodad: I doubt that I will ever sail on any Norwegian cruse ever again

metrodad
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Pride of America Hawaii Cruises

I doubt that I will ever sail on any Norwegian cruse ever again

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

This was our 4th cruse, our first on Norwegian, and a trip that was many years in the making. Hawaii was a dream trip for my wife of many years. Having been on a few cruses before we somewhat new what to expect. We were wrong!

What we found was the following:

Servers in the dining rooms that were either new or have never been trained. They did not know how to serve a complete meal other than in the proper order. We would receive our entree poior to or with our salad. Dirty dishes that were not removed and the servers wanting to serve desert and coffee. The wrong meals being served, and when we did get the correct meal the food was not cooked propertly. They even served under cooked pasta!

The evening shows were boring and not worth the time to see them. I all the acts were second rate acts, and they repeated the shows during the trip. I enjoy going to a show but I do not want to see a repeat act twice in one cruse.

The cabin stewards can not be More trusted!!!
We had two cabins. One on the port side and the other on the starbord side. We therefore had two different stewards. ( we traveled with another couple)
When we arrived one cabin was not cleaned. Dirt on the floor and trash pails that were not attended to.

We had used beach towels that were replaced after many requests to the guest service desk. We were missing items from our cabin and after we complained they reappeared but not where we left them. This was true in BOTH cabins. Our friends were missing their Kindle, and after many complaints it was somehow found and being returned THREE WEEKS after our cruse.

Althrough I enjoyed the "freestyle crusing" I will never sail with Norwegian again. They need to learn how to staff and train their crew. Less

Read more Pride of America cruise reviews >>