Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by travelingryan: Great weekend trip

Great weekend trip

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

Really don't understand whats not to like! The crew was very attentive, sometimes too attentive... room service went till 9pm both days, drinks were always easy to get and $7 drink if you buy the drink books. There were plenty of opportunities to get drinks much cheaper at times.

Entertainment was great, went to the 2nd show the first night and the 1st show, adult scavenger hunt and late night comedy show the and night. While there are a number of things that could be better (pool is very small, ship showing its age in spots, Rio's restaurant dining is a bit rushed)

The ship has plenty to do for just 2 days. Surprisingly many guests never even used the pools or went to the shows. I stayed in a front suite with 2 rooms. We got a much cheaper booking over the phone then booking through the website.

Dining certainly wasn't as issue for us either. Food is available till 1am both days, and while the dining option is limited to a pizza pasta and sandwich place at More all non-meal times, everything there was certainly decent. As others mentioned the crystal room is a lot better than Rio's. We didn't try The Cove (pay dining option)

We wondered what sort of crowd the cruise would have. It was quite a mix really with most people being in the 30s-50s range. There really weren't all that many kids on the ship.

The ship maybe one of the oldest around in the US, but most parts of the ship are very modern and I found it very comfortable in general. I was in a suite with 2 other people though. Not sure how the state rooms are other than being quite small.

We did use the stairs to get up and down most of the time which I don't mind... we ate so much it was a good idea anyway! At times it is hard to get an elevator. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 8250

Nice suite with 4 big windows looking out front of the ship. The view is partially obstructed though by equipment on top of the captains room which sticks out a little further. Room is also as far as you can get from stairs and elevators. We had a roll-away in the room which fit nicely in the corner furthest away from the bed.

The Garden of the Groves

(4)

Tour guide was very detailed and the garden was really nice. Tour lasted a total of 5 hours including transportation and the shopping stop. If I were to go again though I think I'd choose something more adventurous like the caves or snorkeling.