Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by docnain: Bad choice

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Bad choice

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY was my first NCL cruise to Bermuda. Seven nights from New York was not bad but I will personally not take NCL again!

Embarkation and disembarkation was hassle free however you expect a little chaos because of mega ship's crowed of 4000 people! The crew was friendly but guest relation desk staff was very incompetent. They spoke very poor English as well as their comprehension was poor too. At times some were rude and downright indifferent in attitudes. I had a handicap cabin no. 12700, it was roomy and clean but the beds were very very narrow so if you are sharing with someone and if you are heavy set, you won't fit into a single bed! This cabin has a panic button which went off on its own all the time when my phone rang. I complained several times in person but no one came to fix it during my seven night stay which I found very unwelcoming to this ship in the future.

Overall once you board this ship you are on your own every way! The food was More average in the complementary dining rooms but garden caffe was better. Entertainment was not good except one show in 7 nights. There are paid shows which I find unfair and unlike other cruise lines which have at least a few good shows. I think this cruise was way more expensive for what it offered than other cruise-lines. The gratuities are automatically deducted $12 PP no matter how service was provided. I didn't like it. Oh yes, and the ship's design is to accommodate as many guest possible at the cost of reducing the size of theaters and other entertainment areas. I give over all 3 stars to this ship. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Very difficult port for drop off