Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Coolalp

Member Name: Coolalp
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 4F
See More About: Carnival Magic Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Disappointed

Luggage was searched and locks removed, but security denies doing so. My niece left us an envelope at Guest Services prior to leaving the ship on 8/25/13. We arrived on 8/25/13. Guest services could not find the envelope.

On our first night, we asked for directions to Southern Lights Lower, and was given incorrect information. We asked about our station to report to for obtaining safe information and were sent to the wrong place.

The sit down menu for brunch never changed, nor did the Lido make too many changes during the cruse. I was celebrating several things, and was supposed to have a birthday cake and sung too on 8/25/13 which was my actual birthday. Did not happen until I asked about it. I was bought a cake slice and sung too. One of the waiters in the Lido Deck frowned when I asked for a spoon. Sorry I did not get his name as I did not actually eat there any more.

Did not see the Matre D until Day 3. Other cruises he was available at the front door when we entered Day 1. Our room steward was excellent as well as our dining crew. Our waiter Iket is what we called him went above and beyond to make things easy for my sister. He even escorted her outnumber of the dining room in her wheelchair, stored it for us during dinner. That was above and beyond. There was only one good show in the showroom. The one on Thursday night , the singers were terrible. The two comedians (M-W) were good for the Adult group.

My sister was handicapped, and requested a wheelchair be available upon arrival. She waited over 1.5 hours. When I finally asked about it, I was told that people were crabbing them at checking in and it never got back to the security area. One of the supervisors escorted her upstairs which was very difficult for her, and she finally received the help she needed. I understand that this is a crazy time for everyone, but that is why she requested assistance in advance. If her request was not available, we should have been given alternate instructions.

Departure went smoother as she had the wheelchair in her room that she used for exiting the boat at the ports and on the last day. The porters did an excellent job on the pier. We had a group of 12 and the luggage were large. Not sure I will Travel on the Magic again if I have anyone disabled.

Announcements could only be heard in the hallway and on the balconies. I guess that is ok if they are placed on the TV as well.

Publication Date: 09/04/13