“Carnival Magic 8-25-13”

syoders
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Galveston TSA was a pain! We had two bottles of water with us one was opened as my MIL had just taken her medicine and TSA made us throw it out. We also had linked our reservation with my inlaws so that we could all board together. TSA would not allow us to go through line together and Carnival staff initially denied us checking in and boarding together. However, Diane, in VIFP checkin told me to find my inlaws and they would gladly check my inlaws in and print their cards right there.

We had the GS and I did not check the deck plans closely enough and we found out too late that the GS does NOT have a private balcony! You look directly down on the Lanai hot tubs and they can look up at you! It was noisy most of the day which was a HUGE disappointment. I usually spend a few hours on the balcony reading and unwinding while my husband hits the casino and young one gets started at Circle C.

Food and service in Southern Lights was great (as usual)! Room steward was efficient and friendly but seemed to have a bit of a load. Loved the Taste Bar and the Punchliner Comedy Club! Great additions for those of us who don't gamble all day. Oceanside BBQ YUMMY!

We were concerned that Customs would be a problem, again for my MIL, because we received a notice that there would be enhanced procedures due to travel from Belize, but US Customs was just as simple as always, it moved so fast that we had trouble keeping up with our porter. If you are going on this itinerary I hope you enjoy the trip as much as we did.

Carnival Magic Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Grand Suite

GS7321
GS 7321, Lots of closets (3), large bathroom and separate dressing room with sink! Lots of seating for other family members. HATED HATED the balcony! This balcony overlooks the Lanai hot tubs, the noise is awful all day long. No privacy at all there, I usually like to spend a few hours reading and unwinding not on this balcony.

Altun Ha

River Wallace and Altun Ha. The river part was the best! loved the scenery and wildlife.

Snorkeling

Jolly Roger Snorkeling tours are a great bunch of people. Went to a great reef, lots to see, great guides, felt very safe and well attended.

Published 09/03/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Magic Review
Carnival Magic Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?