Carnival Magic Cruise Review by syoders

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
        10-12 5.0

Carnival Magic 8-25-13

Galveston TSA was a pain! We had two bottles of water with us one was opened as my MIL had just taken her medicine and TSA made us throw it out. We also had linked our reservation with my inlaws so that we could all board together. TSA would not allow us to go through line together and Carnival staff initially denied us checking in and boarding together. However, Diane, in VIFP checkin told me to find my inlaws and they would gladly check my inlaws in and print their cards right there.

We had the GS and I did not check the deck plans closely enough and we found out too late that the GS does NOT have a private balcony! You look directly down on the Lanai hot tubs and they can look up at you! It was noisy most of the day which was a HUGE disappointment. I usually spend a few hours on the balcony reading and unwinding while my husband hits the casino and young one gets started at Circle C.

Food and service in Southern Lights was great (as usual)! Room steward was efficient and friendly but seemed to have a bit of a load. Loved the Taste Bar and the Punchliner Comedy Club! Great additions for those of us who don't gamble all day. Oceanside BBQ YUMMY!

We were concerned that Customs would be a problem, again for my MIL, because we received a notice that there would be enhanced procedures due to travel from Belize, but US Customs was just as simple as always, it moved so fast that we had trouble keeping up with our porter. If you are going on this itinerary I hope you enjoy the trip as much as we did.

Publication Date: 09/03/13