Carnival Magic Cruise Review by syoders: Carnival Magic 8-25-13

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Magic 8-25-13

Sail Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

Galveston TSA was a pain! We had two bottles of water with us one was opened as my MIL had just taken her medicine and TSA made us throw it out. We also had linked our reservation with my inlaws so that we could all board together. TSA would not allow us to go through line together and Carnival staff initially denied us checking in and boarding together. However, Diane, in VIFP checkin told me to find my inlaws and they would gladly check my inlaws in and print their cards right there.

We had the GS and I did not check the deck plans closely enough and we found out too late that the GS does NOT have a private balcony! You look directly down on the Lanai hot tubs and they can look up at you! It was noisy most of the day which was a HUGE disappointment. I usually spend a few hours on the balcony reading and unwinding while my husband hits the casino and young one gets started at Circle C.

Food and service in Southern Lights was great (as usual)! Room steward was More efficient and friendly but seemed to have a bit of a load. Loved the Taste Bar and the Punchliner Comedy Club! Great additions for those of us who don't gamble all day. Oceanside BBQ YUMMY!

We were concerned that Customs would be a problem, again for my MIL, because we received a notice that there would be enhanced procedures due to travel from Belize, but US Customs was just as simple as always, it moved so fast that we had trouble keeping up with our porter. If you are going on this itinerary I hope you enjoy the trip as much as we did. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Suite Empress 7321

GS 7321, Lots of closets (3), large bathroom and separate dressing room with sink! Lots of seating for other family members. HATED HATED the balcony! This balcony overlooks the Lanai hot tubs, the noise is awful all day long. No privacy at all there, I usually like to spend a few hours reading and unwinding not on this balcony.

Altun Ha

(3)

River Wallace and Altun Ha. The river part was the best! loved the scenery and wildlife.

Lots of cool NEW places to see on Cozumel.

Read 3107 Cozumel Reviews

Snorkeling

(5.5)

Jolly Roger Snorkeling tours are a great bunch of people. Went to a great reef, lots to see, great guides, felt very safe and well attended.