Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Forever50

Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Summit
Member Name: Forever50
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: C2
        7-9 1.0

50th Birthday Cruise

Overall we had a good trip.

But beware of the deck chairs when upright the legs stick out kind of far -- My first night I hit and broke a toe, which affected my whole trip. Couldn't wear my shoes for formal night and had to hobbled around all week. The medical staff were great - - however it felt like you were in a basement, which it basically was. Medical staff offered to arrange a doctors visit once we got in Bermuda, but I really didn't want to spend precious time in a doctors office. They performed x-rays and confirmed my toe was fractured.

I thought I had requested a dining table for four, but we were sat at a large table, which my husband did not enjoy. So I requested it be changed for the rest of the trip. I was given the run around and it basically took a day to make the change, until Hugo made sure it happened for us. The dining room staff was terrific bending over backwards to please my very picky son. All my meals were excellent, an the service was terrific.

I had booked the suggest exersion packet of three. We really enjoyed the glassbottom boat tour. Unfortunately our second exersion, the snorkel trip on a catameran didn't make it because of the wind and a bad storm, Our third exersion to Horseshoe Bay we opted out of when given the choice because we spoke to someone who went the day earlier and said that the wind had made sitting on the beach very unpleasant due to flying sand. So we went to Hamilton instead and had a great time.

The highlight of our trip was our day pass at The Coca Reef Hotel which included a great lunch with excellent service. Do be sure to call ahead to make reservations. We spoke to a family that went to Elbow Beach next store and didn't have a very good experience.

Our time on the ship was a really good time. However, the pools were a little crowded and it was difficult to find a chair. Seemed like people would get up early and put towels on the chairs to "save" them and then go off for long periods of time. Getting a chair was like winning the lottery - - which we did finally. :)

The "talent" I experience was all pretty good. We really enjoyed the Martin Bar, and I enjoyed the casino. I spent the (non-refundabbl)$100 for the VIP pass for my nine year old son but after one visit he would not go back to the FUNFACTORY, he was pretty disappointed with the gameroom as well. Most of the machines were out of order and he actually ended up with $15 worth of game credits that he couldn't use because there weren't any games worth playing. However I did talk to other families and their kids were having a great time, and they rarely saw them. Would have been nice if my son enjoyed it a bit more so my husband and I could of had a romantic dinner.

All-in-all we made a lot of great memories dispite the poor weather. I would cruise again with Celebrity. I'm sure a lot of the difficulties we had were due to being first timers.

Publication Date: 09/05/13