Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by mumjane

Member Name: mumjane
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
See More About: Queen Elizabeth Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Elizabeth Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Elizabeth Deck Plans
Fantastic scenery

The scenery was so fantastic even went to a glacier. 2 good excursions and able to walk into Stavanger and Bergen The deck commentary was lovely when we left port.

Loved the deck games, croquet, paddle tennis, quoits and shuffleboard and these were well organised by Franco and fun and I even tried bowls.

More relaxed feel than Royal Caribbean which is more family based, Cunard is middle aged based and I did not personally like the entertainment except Exquisit the band. The entertainment was too late if you were on 2nd sitting and I fell asleep most nights. My mum did like the singers and dancers but they were not my taste. The violinist was excellent but I preferred the shows on Royal Caribbean.

The food in the lido was good but mixed in the Brittania and the waiters were more impersonal than Royal Carribean. The afternoon tea was lovely though.

The pool was warm but as the weather was poor we did not use it as much as we would have liked.

Due to the poor weather we attended an art talk and enjoyed this it was very interesting.

I enjoyed the cruise and would love to go to fjords again perhaps I will try to afford an outside cabin as we had the basic inside cabin which was good and very reasonable. The cabin steward was very friendly and helpful.

Publication Date: 09/03/13