Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by CarnivalSuperb: Fantastic Sunshine

Fantastic Sunshine

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Just returned from a fantastic cruise on the Sunshine.

The Highs:-

Emabarkation - Arrived at the Terminal around 11.45am, and dut to my 12 previous cruises with Carnival and having achieved Platinum Status, my friends and I were on board in our cabins, changed into shorts a T-shirt and flip flops and sitting in the Havana Bar eating lunch by 12.30pm... Can' get any better than that.

The Ship upgrades are superb, from all the new eating experiences to the bars, and of course The Serenity Deck.

Dining- Main dining at night was superb, and a special word must go to our team leader Venera table 207 Sunset late dining. She and her team were the best of any Cruise i've been on, and a special word for Goran our Maitre'd. What a find he is for Carnival, nothing was a problem for him, and the fact he took time just about every evening for a brief chat about just about everything made our experience all the better.

Lido Food- The marketplace at More breakfast and lunch had it's moments, felt at times I was living a moment in TV's 'The Walking Dead'... never come across so many headless chickens in my life, but setting that aside, the food was okay, especially Guy's Burgers, Cucina De Capitano and JJ Asian Kitchen.

JJ Asian Kitchen- Best $12 I've ever spent, the food was amazing, and The Chicken Soup is incredable.

Steakhouse- Wow, French Onion soup superb, and my 18oz Cowboy Steak .... If only could get this at home.

Entertainment- Didn't really do it for me, Did see Three Tenors, but as Simon Cowell would say ' A bit Cruise Ship' Not the greatest!!!! Went to the Comedy club twice, and the same guy was on. Poor , but the 3 year old heckeling him was very funny!!!!!!

Casino- Spent most of our evening's here, and I can't speak highly enough of the team in here. The dealers and Supervisors were amazing,friendly,and made our holiday. A special thank you must go to Daniel and his lovely wife Vicky, but again to all the staff in the Casino, superb.

Finally,

Serenity- Magnificent, but for the fact you have to get up at 6am on a sea day if you want a sun bed, which is a rediculous situation. Carnival have to look at this major problem. Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>