Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by goldiep: Stuck in Ketchikan but turned out OK

Celebrity Millennium 2

Stuck in Ketchikan but turned out OK

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

Yes, we were on the cruise that had problems. The biggest problem was that people were originally led to believe that everyone who had post land tours out of Anchorage would be flown there. Later, it became only land tours booked with Celebrity. So a cautionary tale, be sure your TA books the land portion with the cruise line.I am unsure why some people got flown to Anchorage and some did not.Some had to fly to Vancouver or Seattle, then arrange flights to Anchorage.We also had to scramble last minute to find a hotel room in Anchorage, that was stressful.

I spent a lot of time either reading on board or hanging out in the hot tubs.My brother in law and husband bought 3 day fishing licenses and fished from shore. My sister in law hit the shops in town. We still had entertainment at night and the two shows I saw, a comedian, and a singer/impersonator, were quite good.

Food was tasty, though buffet crowded during breakfast and lunch so sometimes a little difficult to More snag a table. Thought main dining room was good.

Service was excellent, our room steward and waitstaff were second to none.

Room was OK, though sometimes had a weird, old shoe smell.

I was bummed that I couldn't shop on board, apparently they must remain closed while in port.

I feel that things could have been much worse and Celebrity did a pretty good job of taking care of us. Hopefully, their promises of reimbursement will come through soon. In fact, we are planning our next cruise and will book when they send us our voucher! Less

Published 09/02/13

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: 102165 Inside Stateroom 10

2165 was mostly quiet, that was nice. Occasionally though, it had a funny, dirty shoe smell.

Read All Inside Stateroom 10 (10) Reviews >>

Not much for me to do there. The guys enjoyed a fishing excursion they had chartered.
Read 1115 Ketchikan Reviews

Potlatch Park

We did an independent tour of Saxman as well as a chartered fishing expedition. Celebrity sent us on excursion that began with Potlatch Park and ended with a fabulous crab feast that became an unexpected highlight for us.

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Alaska Cruises