Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by goldiep

Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 10
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Stuck in Ketchikan but turned out OK

Yes, we were on the cruise that had problems. The biggest problem was that people were originally led to believe that everyone who had post land tours out of Anchorage would be flown there. Later, it became only land tours booked with Celebrity. So a cautionary tale, be sure your TA books the land portion with the cruise line.I am unsure why some people got flown to Anchorage and some did not.Some had to fly to Vancouver or Seattle, then arrange flights to Anchorage.We also had to scramble last minute to find a hotel room in Anchorage, that was stressful.

I spent a lot of time either reading on board or hanging out in the hot tubs.My brother in law and husband bought 3 day fishing licenses and fished from shore. My sister in law hit the shops in town. We still had entertainment at night and the two shows I saw, a comedian, and a singer/impersonator, were quite good.

Food was tasty, though buffet crowded during breakfast and lunch so sometimes a little difficult to snag a table. Thought main dining room was good.

Service was excellent, our room steward and waitstaff were second to none.

Room was OK, though sometimes had a weird, old shoe smell.

I was bummed that I couldn't shop on board, apparently they must remain closed while in port.

I feel that things could have been much worse and Celebrity did a pretty good job of taking care of us. Hopefully, their promises of reimbursement will come through soon. In fact, we are planning our next cruise and will book when they send us our voucher!

Publication Date: 09/02/13
Read the Alaska ports review by goldiep
More Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews