Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Anoocha

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: IN
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Thomson Dream? More like nightmare!

Very unhappy with Thomson Dream. This first cruise that I went on was Thomson Island Escape which was awful and I vowed that I would never travel on a Thomson ship again. The next cruises I went on were MSC once and NCL twice. MSC were ok but better than Island Escape and NCL were fantastic - big, spacious and modern. Although I said that I wouldn't cruise with Thomson again I liked the itinery with The Dream and thought that as it is the best of their fleet it had to be good. How wrong I was!

Cabins were big enough but the bathrooms poky and dated and everywhere was small. Even the casino only had one roulette table and one black jack table plus several one arm bandits - very small. The entertainment was good a couple of nights and ok on the other nights. The pool was tiny and unpleasant and there were never enough sunloungers around the deck. There was a Malaysian girl singer in one of the lounges that had a fantastic voice and was accompanied by a pianist, but her dress sense was awful - she wore jeans practically every night which was a shame as she would have looked lovely in an evening dress which I think would have suited her beautiful voice much better. There was bingo every evening in the big lounge which was very Butlins style and silly Mr and Mrs type shows (yawn). I used to dress up every evening but used to feel over dressed on that ship! Never again for me. I think I will stick to the experts in future! Dream sailed from Palma to Trapani, Sorrento, Rome, Calvi, Palamos, Palma

Publication Date: 09/02/13