Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Anoocha: Thomson Dream? More like nightmare!

Anoocha
Member Since 2013

Thomson Dream? More like nightmare!

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

Very unhappy with Thomson Dream. This first cruise that I went on was Thomson Island Escape which was awful and I vowed that I would never travel on a Thomson ship again. The next cruises I went on were MSC once and NCL twice. MSC were ok but better than Island Escape and NCL were fantastic - big, spacious and modern. Although I said that I wouldn't cruise with Thomson again I liked the itinery with The Dream and thought that as it is the best of their fleet it had to be good. How wrong I was!

Cabins were big enough but the bathrooms poky and dated and everywhere was small. Even the casino only had one roulette table and one black jack table plus several one arm bandits - very small. The entertainment was good a couple of nights and ok on the other nights. The pool was tiny and unpleasant and there were never enough sunloungers around the deck. There was a Malaysian girl singer in one of the lounges that had a fantastic voice and was accompanied by a pianist, but her dress More sense was awful - she wore jeans practically every night which was a shame as she would have looked lovely in an evening dress which I think would have suited her beautiful voice much better. There was bingo every evening in the big lounge which was very Butlins style and silly Mr and Mrs type shows (yawn). I used to dress up every evening but used to feel over dressed on that ship! Never again for me. I think I will stick to the experts in future! Dream sailed from Palma to Trapani, Sorrento, Rome, Calvi, Palamos, Palma Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream

Tiny and old bathroom.

Very pretty, but also very expensive.

We got the train into Rome ourselves for a fraction of the cost of an official excursion. This was very easy as the station is across the road from the port and it is around 40 mins into the centre of Rome. Once in Rome you can get from St Peter's Square (The Vatican) to the Colosseum by bus which takes about 10 mins and costs 3 euros, then from there you can walk to the Trevi fountain which takes 10 minutes. Then walk to the main train station to get back to the port. The only thing that I would say about this is maybe don't go to the main train station in Rome as it is very big (it makes Euston look like a little village station) and as soon as you walk into it students practically pounce on you offering to take you to the platform that you need for a fee. Although this can be a good thing as the platform that we needed was about a ten minute walk! This is one station further than St Peter's Square, so try and make your way back to that one from the Trevi fountain. Fairly easy to do on your own and much much cheaper!

Stunning, beautiful, gorgeous. Nothing else to say!