Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by clayb: We liked the Sky

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

We liked the Sky

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Bahamas

Having been on 32 previous cruises on different lines, we didn't book this cruise for the ship. It was a quick getaway and NCL did not disappoint.

We flew in to FLL and stayed a couple of nights then drove to Miami to board the ship. Always enjoy spending time at south beach and taking the Island Queen Millionaire boat tour from Bayside Marketplace.

We parked at an offsite parking lot for a fee and they shuttled us to and from the pier. Embarkation was easy and fast.

We found the ship to be well laid out and easy to maneuver. The inside cabin was small but it is what we expected. Adequate for a 5-day cruise. The slide on the pool deck might have been good for the kids, but my fat a#$ couldn't make it down the slide without me pushing myself along. Probably not enough angle... or probably too much buffet. :-)

Speaking of pool deck, one day we came back from the port and had some drinks at the Topsiders Bar on pool deck. There was a deejay playing More club music. There were two drunk (or high) girls gyrating and pole dancing... other than that, no one was dancing. It could have been so much better with Caribbean/Latin music. It seemed to me that the deejay was clueless. That music would have been suited for the club later that night, not by the pool. The vibe was just boom, boom, boom. I am 50+ and I still like to shake whatever I have left to some good music, I didn't shake anything that day. But the drinks were good....!

Great Stirrup Cay was fun. I had one too many Bahama Mama's in the large souvenir cup. It really snuck up on me. Good thing I wasn't travelling alone, I don't remember making it back to the ship.

Customer Service: What I am finding lately on NCL is that they REALLY want to please you and make sure you're having a good time and want you to return. We only had a couple of issues and they were resolved quickly and were followed up with a phone call and a note with chocolate-covered strawberries in the cabin. A nice touch for sure.

The food was good and plentiful. I love, love, love the outdoor eating area aft of the buffet. Not all the ships these days have this, along with the outdoor promenade deck.

I will definitely sail with NCL again. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky

We were disappointed with Freeport. I will give it another chance in the future but we preferred Nassau.

Read 773 Freeport Reviews

We bought a day pass to Atlantis. Really enjoyed that. It is a beautiful place. Very relaxing day exploring the grounds, getting in the water and having food and drinks.

Read 2615 Nassau Reviews