“Always Great”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I have cruised many times on Carnival with my husband and adult children and have also had the opportunity to cruise with NCL over the years. I've found that with any cruise line, travelers need to take some things in stride. If they do, they will never be disappointed in a Carnival cruise.

don't expect a lounge chair to be waiting for you poolside especially after 12 pm, don't ever expect the buffet line to move quickly and the food to be hot, don't expect the photographers to leave you alone and the drinks staff to ask you just once if you would like to order something....but you will always experience the following: Professional, courteous and efficient service in the dining rooms each day and night, a variety of tasty foods at all meals, wonderful entertainment including colorful production numbers, fun activities on sea days.

Entertainment: We saw 3 shows, Divas, Latin Nights and Motown, singers and dancers were good, background screens and special effects were exciting. I did not mind the absence of live music, the talent made up for it. Comedians were funny. The Comedy club MC, "Giggles" was not. She is best suited for children's activities.

Food: Each day at buffet there were international foods to try along with Guys burgers and fries (fries were better than the burgers!!!) and Burrito Bar, and ice cream and frozen yogurt all day.

Service: Our stateroom was kept immaculately clean all 5 days and our dining room service was perfect, thanks to Manuel and his team.

Ports:

What can I say, Halifax and St John are not the most exciting cruise ports, if you do excursions save yourself some money and book with on shore tours. Halifax-We walked from cruise terminal to the Maritime museum which was worthwhile, I recommend if u are interested in Titanic. In St John we walked to Market Square and City Market and we were back on the ship by lunchtime.

Serenity deck- so nice, plenty of shaded seating, really enjoyed the Jacuzzis,

Gym -plenty of treadmills, towels, area for stretching.

Debarkation/Embarkation: No problems, we were on the ship by 11:30 on the first day and off the ship by 8 am on last day.

Thank you Carnival for another fun and relaxing trip!!!

Carnival Glory Cruises to Canada & New England
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to Canada & New England
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?