Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by roseannadana: Worst cruise in my entire 12!!

roseannadana
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Worst cruise in my entire 12!!

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My entire family of 12 sailed on the Breakaway in June, we all looked forward to a wonderful time on this overly rated new ship.

Embarkation was not too bad in New York, went rather smoothly.

Sail away party was also very good at Spice H20

Well, the ships pools were no bigger than one would have in there own back yard. Not enough pools for 4,000 passengers.

The water slides took up too much room and the water that fell from them made it very difficult to walk on the slippery floor.

The entertainment in the theater was just ok except for the Rock of Ages Show that was utterly sexually disgusting.

Cirque Dreams had a wonderful dinner and show,but of course there was a $29.00 charge and more money for better and closer seating. Our family did enjoy this!

The Main dining rooms and the Garden Buffet's Food was not as good as the other 4 cruises that we took on NCL's other ships. They definitely cut back significantly on the More quality of their food. Many people would have to go to the fancy restaurants and pay for a decent meal. After paying quite a bit for this particular cruise, I see no reason not to provide passenger with better food in the dining rooms and the buffet area.

We had a balcony room for the 3 of us which was very tight and had to walk sideways to get by another person. The only good thing about our cabin was the bathroom was a decent size. All the balconies were so small!

I personally wrote a letter to guest relations at NCL which was 3 pages long and they sent me back a short generic letter by e-mail saying that if we sailed with them again that they would provide amenities. I listed in detail of the many complaints that me and my family had and it all fell on deaf ears. I am sick over this horrible cruise and the way NCL has handled this matter. NCL'S all about the $$$ and not much concern about their passengers.

Hope they make changes to the New Getaway or else many people, especially New Yorkers and people from New England see all the negative complaints about this ship, they won't sail with them anymore.

I will never give up trying to send my message about our horrible experience on the Breakaway!!

Very Unhappy in RI Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Been to the port many times and never had a problem, everything went smooth and we were on the ship in a short period of time