Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by cruisenovice27: Norwegian Breakaway- unreasonable rules

cruisenovice27

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Norwegian Breakaway- unreasonable rules

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We booked this our 13 and 20 year old sons. We allowed each to bring a friend so they would have someone to hang with. my 13 yr old brought a friend who was 12 year & 10 months. when I went to sign them into teen club they would not let the friend into teen club, must be 13 by trip, ok so we told 13 yr old he would have to go with friend to 10-12 yr old club. we were told no he couldn't he had to go with 13 yr old club. THAT IS RIDICULOUS!! they are 2 months apart and could not spend evenings together, unless they hung out in neither place.. which means the video arcade. At $1. per game our video arcade bill for for the 2 boys for the week was over $400. My husband spoke to the cruise director who blamed the legal department. He said he would check with legal on Monday, but we never heard back. the rule was unreasonable and it was strictly enforced. Then the college kids ...one could drink ( drinking age on boat was 18) but guest couldn't because even though i have signed note More from parent, she wasn't on ship so he could not get the parental consent stamp on his card. Again, strictly enforced. When I booked the trip with Norwegian the agent knew I was bringing my son's friend to keep him company nothing was mentioned about the 13 year old rule and i was even told the friend could drink with parental consent. thye neglected to mention the parent had to be on the ship to give this consent.

Last complaint - booking excursions and shows online is very difficult. you must create an account and password for each passenger, and then use each account seperatly to book anything. I easily spent 20 hours doing this becasue the computer kept saying it could not find reservation and I had rto create a new account. If you call for help you wait no kidding 40 minutes. One phone call took me 2 hours. I know becasue my phone kept track of the time.

Other than that, the staff everywhere was very pleasant, and if you tipped them they went out of their way to be helpful and nice. Remember to bring plenty of $5. for tips. I worked wonders. ( except for the issues above.

the ship was crowded so grab your chairs early or else if you sleep in you will have to hunt down a single chair here and maybe one there.

Best food was Cagneys steak house. Plan for the upcharge restaurants, the buffet food is overly seasoned, even the french fries are seasoned. Most of it was not very good. My kids hated the food in the buffet. although the ice cream was a big hit.

also the show Rock of ages sold out so we could never saw it. book it before you get on board.

Getting on the boat the tag fell off one of our luggage pieces. We asked and we were told they were still delivering. But we were one of the first on the boat. when we didn't get it by 6 pm they finally said oh you should check to see if it is in a room for bags with no tags. We could have done that hours ago but no one wanted to take the time to take us there. If you go, carry bathing suits in carry one, so you have something for kids to do while you wait for luggage to get there.

Best hint: the ship said you could get off starting at 8 am. Our stewart told us we could walk off with our bags at 7:30am We did and just walked right out no lines no waiting . Driver was across the street , and we were home by 8:45 a.m. while most passengers were still going through customs. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>