“Spendida = No difference to Divina. Forget MSC”
Cruise review of MSC Splendida

AllawahPark MSC Splendida 2 Spendida = No difference to Divina. Forget MSC
AllawahPark
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating

This ship is worse than the Divina!

The food that we ate in the restaurant was the same as the Divina on the same day. But the food was cold when it was supposed to be hot. Boring. Thank goodness for the Indonesian waiter: always a smile for his Australian table. Tried to be efficient but the food was slow coming and cold. Divina wins points here. The Maitre D' was past his use by date. Could not smile. In fact it was a game we Aussies played to see if we could get a smile out of him. Managed by exception.

Often the tours we wanted to go on were not available because "there were not enough people!" They were mostly expensive: we could have done better tours through research on both the Devina and Splendida.

The ship was supposed to go to Palermo but it didn't. Went to Tunis instead.

Either our cabin was dirty or our food was contaminated by other pax not using the tongs available but using their hands. Both my wife and I ended up with very heavy chest infections. When I opened the door to the cabin at night I was able to get a good night's sleep.

Having had issues on the Devina my suggestion is that neither ship is worth the money.

MSC Splendida Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

1010161
Cabin was dirty and dusty. Both of us had chest infections.

Avignon Walking Tour

Was the best excursion that we did. Included a tour of Marseille and Notre Dame before we went to Avignon. Most enjoyable, good guide.

Souks Walking Tour

This was ok except for two shopping ambushes. The carpet seller's pitch was a inappropriate sadly. The perfumery was far more interesting. Not as good as the Souks in Istanbul or Dubai.

Published 09/02/13
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s MSC Splendida Review
MSC Splendida Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?