MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by letsholiday

Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 10
See More About: MSC Fantasia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
        3-6 3.0

Ship Facts: MSC Fantasia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Fantasia Deck Plans
Fantastic time on Fantasia

Having read some negative reviews on here I was a little worried about how we would get on with this cruise. I needn't have worried, it was fantastic from start to finish. The check in process was smooth and we were on the ship within half an hour of reaching the port. Our room was not quite ready so this gave us a chance to stroll around onboard. It was so quiet and a great way to get our bearings.

Once our room was ready we we got ourself settled and the bags followed very shorty after. The room was plenty big enough of for our needs and we travelled with two young children.

The drill was bit manic, our son, who was asleep when the alarm was raised woke in a bit of a temper and it seemed to take quite a while. However, it may have just seemed like forever, as things do when you have a screaming 2 year old!

The ship is gorgeously decorated and spotlessly clean. I couldn't ask for more.

We ate in the main dining room on the first evening but it was quite a slow old job with many courses to choose from and with the children we decided it would be better to eat in the buffet restaurant. There was always plenty to choose from although the buffet restaurant can get very busy if you don't time it right! In terms of the quality of the food, I would say this was fine, not excellent but it met our needs and those of our children.

My Daughter attended the childrens club pnce, but as has been mentioned before, the children are mainly Italian, Spanish etc and the language barrier was a problem for her. She decided not to go again but this wasn't a problem what with swimming and many ports to visit she didn't feel like she was missing out.

I have heard mention of the different languages being a problem. I can honestly say this was not a problem for us. Yes, the announcements are given in several languages but you learn just to listen out for the one you need. We had absolutely not problems with any staff on board. All were friendly, able to communicate in English and fantastic with our children. I have travelled with P & O and there was not any difference in my opinion.

Overall, I would definitely travel with MSC again, they are cheaper than other liners and I can't say there was enough of a difference in standards to warrant paying extra with another firm.

Did the wrong amount of ports when reviewing this so have missed off my favourite of all, Dubrovnik. Absolutely fantastic place to visit and cannot wait to come back again!

Publication Date: 09/02/13