MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by letsholiday: Fantastic time on Fantasia

Fantastic time on Fantasia

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

Having read some negative reviews on here I was a little worried about how we would get on with this cruise. I needn't have worried, it was fantastic from start to finish. The check in process was smooth and we were on the ship within half an hour of reaching the port. Our room was not quite ready so this gave us a chance to stroll around onboard. It was so quiet and a great way to get our bearings.

Once our room was ready we we got ourself settled and the bags followed very shorty after. The room was plenty big enough of for our needs and we travelled with two young children.

The drill was bit manic, our son, who was asleep when the alarm was raised woke in a bit of a temper and it seemed to take quite a while. However, it may have just seemed like forever, as things do when you have a screaming 2 year old!

The ship is gorgeously decorated and spotlessly clean. I couldn't ask for more.

We ate in the main dining room on the first evening but it was More quite a slow old job with many courses to choose from and with the children we decided it would be better to eat in the buffet restaurant. There was always plenty to choose from although the buffet restaurant can get very busy if you don't time it right! In terms of the quality of the food, I would say this was fine, not excellent but it met our needs and those of our children.

My Daughter attended the childrens club pnce, but as has been mentioned before, the children are mainly Italian, Spanish etc and the language barrier was a problem for her. She decided not to go again but this wasn't a problem what with swimming and many ports to visit she didn't feel like she was missing out.

I have heard mention of the different languages being a problem. I can honestly say this was not a problem for us. Yes, the announcements are given in several languages but you learn just to listen out for the one you need. We had absolutely not problems with any staff on board. All were friendly, able to communicate in English and fantastic with our children. I have travelled with P & O and there was not any difference in my opinion.

Overall, I would definitely travel with MSC again, they are cheaper than other liners and I can't say there was enough of a difference in standards to warrant paying extra with another firm.

Did the wrong amount of ports when reviewing this so have missed off my favourite of all, Dubrovnik. Absolutely fantastic place to visit and cannot wait to come back again! Less

Read more MSC Fantasia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Fantasia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Fantasia Superior Balcony Incanto Deck 10071

Nice size room, clean and tidy. Smallish bathroom but sufficient. Could do with more wardrobe space when travelling with children.

Did not like this port one bit. We got off the ship and din't take the excursions (not really worth it when travelling with two small kids). We decided to take a walk into the town but got about 200 metres up the road, decided it looked all a bit grotty and went back to the ship. Maybe had we carried out it would have got better but we met another family who had made it into the town and they said it was just as bad. I would definitely recommend an excursion is travelling here or alternatively have a ship day whilst its quiet!

(4)

Lovely port and nice to stroll around if you haven't taken an excursion. Some nice photo opportunities.

Read 105 Bari Reviews

Lovely time in Corfu. We got the MSC organised shuttle into town and on reflection wished we had just got a taxi. Its very expensive! Lots of nice shops to visit and stroll around at leisure.

Read 272 Corfu Reviews

An okay port if you want to take a stroll. Lots of little shops for some souvenirs. We took a little train which went took us up to a small hotel where there was a bar and a small cove for bathing. The water here was crystal clear and I wish we had taken our swimming costumes.

We did debate booking an excursion here to go to Olympia. There was a coach at the port offering return travel to Olympia for 10 euro. It seemed a very nice coach and the guides were respectfully dressed so it seemed genuine enough.

A very very busy little port but also gorgeous. We took the cable car up and strolled around the narrow alleys with the shops which are fabulous. However, there was also another two ships docked and it was very very crowded and the cue for the cable car back down was huge. We waited for about half an hour but it was very well organised and it was partially in the shade so no worries with the children being out too long in the sun.

I would love to go back here when its no so busy.

Lots to do. A bit tricky getting around if you have children but a nice way to spend a few hours.

Read 516 Venice Reviews