Good but not great: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by say_no_to_mankinis
Overall Member Rating
Good but not great
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
All my ratings will be based off of 5 stars (*****). We arrived early to get Vibe Passes. We were 2nd group to board and the Vibe was already sold out (11:10 am).
Embarkation/Disembarkation(5/5) - Easy. Arrived at 10:00 am on boat by 11:00 am. Leaving - off and in car within 30 minutes.
- Moderno (4/5) - Good. Bring your appetite. I found the seasonings very salty though.
- Cagneys (5/5) - Awesome
- Le Bistro (1/5) - Horrible. Service bad. Food bad. And I like French food.
- Sushi (4/5) - Very good
- Noodle Bar (2/5) - Tasted good, but everyone in family had to run to the bathroom within an hour.
- Main Dining Rooms (3/5) - No wait. Service was quick. Food was ok
- Doce Gelato (5/5) - Was very good
- O'Sheehans (4/5) - Good sandwiches.
- Uptown Grill (4/5) - Sandwiches were good
- More Garden Cafe (4/5) - Always could find food I liked (good variety)
- Rock of Ages (5/5) - Awesome show (sat in 2nd row)
- Burn The Floor (3/5) - Entertaining for 1st 20 minutes after that a little boring.
- Slam Allen (4/5) - Very good blues music
- Howl at The Moon (3/5) - Was good for 1st hour, but was the room was half filled after that. The woman singer seemed to turn off the crowd by constantly saying she would only play requests she got tips for because her baby daddy doesn't pay alimony. Also, she didn't know the words to most of the songs (she usually hummed them).
- Micheal Finney (3/5) - Not that funny but on a rainy day was good enough.
- Second City Improv (5/5) - Very funny
- There are two pools (adult) and (family)
Adult (3/5) - Nice pool - not very big. There are now low spots (7 ft deep everywhere). The crowd sat on the ledge instead of the pool.
Family (2/5) - Not deep. The waves in the pool (rough seas) made it unsafe. Too crowded. It was like going to a city pool in the summer.
Whip Slides (4/5) - They were good and fast. Wait was 10 minutes on sea days, no wait on port days.
Free Fall (4/5) - Were cool. Wait was 5 minutes on sea days, no wait on port days. Minimum weight 100 pounds.
Blue Slide (3/5) - Good for young kids. Adults would get stuck. Had longest line.
Ropes Course (4/5) - Was fun. I found it scarey (especially the 1st 5 minutes). Didn't like walking across the thin ropes, the planks were fine. 1 hour wait on sea days, no wait on port days.
Cabins (4/5) - Stated in Balcony cabin. Size was fine; storage was limited. TV programming is limited.
Bermuda Excursions (5/5)
Day 1 - Snorkel Bermuda (3/5) Snorkeled by ship wreck (Constellation). Not much variety of fish
Day 2 - Bought Day Passes For Hotel at Elbow Beach (5/5) Swam at hotel pool. Went to their private beach. Snorkels off shore. We brought cereal and put it in water while we snorkeled. Tons of fish.
Day 3 - Jet Ski and Snorkel with Somerset Water Sports (5/5). 2 hour trip. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Hit 48 mph on jet skis. Snorkeling was unreal. Highlight of trip.
Day 3 - Mini Golf By Boat Dock(within walking distance). Best mini golf course we ever played on. $15 per person to play.
Gym (3/5) - Small free weight area. Small mat area. My workout is GetInsanity. Gym had no space to do it so did it outside at Spice H20.
Mandra Spa (5/5) - We did the weekly pass there. Was well worth it. Heated stone loungers, great hot tub, steam room, salt room ...
Overall (4/5). It was a good vacation. We didn't like the ship as much as the Epic though. We knew our last vacation (Beaches Turks & Caicos) was going to be hard to beat. I think the kids prefer the all-inclusive resorts over cruises. Less
Room was fine. Needed more storage.