This is our 4th Cruise with Thomson but we have now completed 8 cruises in all.
Having just returned from our latest cruise, which was on the Thomson Dream, I thought that I would give an honest appraisal of the cruise whilst it was still fresh in my mind.
* The checkin process was very smooth with no delays at all.
* The Cabin was Large with plenty of wardrobe space and was very clean.
* Bathroom and shower were very clean
* Orion restaurant was very comfortable with a good selection of quality food
* Service in bars and restaurant was excellent
* Staff were genuinely friendly and were always prepared to help
* Tea making facilities in the cabin
* we were able to hire a cabin for an extra day as our flight home was at 10pm
* Ship is very tired, jaded and a little threadbare
* Sundeck areas were grubby
* Sunloungers were stained and many (30%) were broken/ripped
* Not enough sunloungers for number of guests on board many people were disappointed
* Cabin was above the side thrust engine and we were woken early when ship entered port (once at 5 am) as they started the engine an hour before the ship berthed
* Cabin was supposed to have a picture window but was just a square porthole
* Excursions were expensive and the trip to Capri was a joke-dont bother going on that one.
* Drinks were expensive
* Some ports of call were very poor as very little to see or do
* Entertainment in the broadway show lounge were obviously cut price budget productions and a little 'cheesy'
* had to pay to use the safe in the cabin
Overall Thomson seemed to have lost their 'edge' and what made them different, whilst they were never the newest ships they used to make up for it with the quality of what they did for the guests..this has now changed..possibly because of new ownership?