Star Princess Cruise Review by redpegcruiser: August Princess Inside Passage

August Princess Inside Passage

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Lines were long on arrival but was pleasantly surprised at how fast we checked in. Went straight to our room, met our Steward, Ed, (very nice guy) then went to buffet.

Food was mostly pretty good. Some things were foreign to me, but there were many non Americans so I'm sure they try to have a variety for everyone. We wanted to eat at the Crowne Grill one night but you have to have reservations, and we couldn't get in, so make reservations early. All the wait staff was more than friendly. We seldom had trouble getting drinks, but the few times that my husband got impatient, you can go get water, coffee, iced tea on your on.

Entertainment was fair. Steve White (comedian) was very funny. Ventriloquist was good. Better the second night. Princess Theater Shows were OK. They were short, so you didn't have to be rude and leave.

If you are a gambler, the casino table games were fun. The dealers were fun and not strict rules like most casinos. Two dealers even gave More me a hand bump for a blackjack! (you don't see that in a regular casino).

I do think, there should be more activities when at sea. We were with some friends and we played dominoes. Otherwise, we may have been a little bored.

The excursions were wonderful! The prices were OK. If you wait and schedule when you get to a port, they are probably cheaper but you have to use your time doing that instead of just going.

I wanted to self disembark my luggage but the lady talked me out of it. This means you have to put your luggage out the night before and keep out whatever you need for the next morning (makeup, etc) It rained while we were in Canada, so when we got back to the ship, I would have liked to flat ironed my hair, but our luggage had already been picked up so I just had to have bad hair! Also, my friend had kept out her face creams for the night and when she got to security at the airport, they threw them out because they were more than 4 oz.! If she would have had her luggage she would have packed them.

Getting off the ship was pretty easy. I would suggest you use the shuttle if going back to the air port. You can schedule it the day before you get back to port. I did't know that, so we hired a car which was not bad, but there were so many people waiting cause another ship got in at the same time. Our driver was in traffic and we had to wait about 20 min. but we weren't in a hurry since we had had 3 hrs til out flight left. GOOD TIME1 Less

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Star Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Star Princess Interior Double Baja Deck b612

Whale Watching

(5)

GREAT! Got right on bus to boat. Provided some binoculars. Had free hot chocolate, water, coffee. Saw lots of whales

Enjoyed shopping around town very much.

White Pass Scenic Railway

(5)

GREAT. Walked straight down to train. Plenty of room. Staff was great!

Zip-lining