“2nd NCL better than the 1st but it will probably be my last.”
Cruise review of Norwegian Dawn

heynyc61 Norwegian Dawn 3 2nd NCL better than the 1st but it will probably be my last.
heynyc61
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was our second cruise on NCL.... the first was a 9 day on the Spirit which was ok but parts were disappointing. The Ship was not as clean as it should it. Public bathrooms were a mess in my opinion and they were on the Dawn too. The entertainment was really good. The comedian Tim Kaminsky was great as was Second City. The game shows were a lot of fun. I was surprised that the boat only had 1 pool and getting a lounge chair was impossible.

My biggest issue was the food which was below par, even for a cruise. We live in NYC and are world travelers ... i would say we have an experienced pallet. Both Aqua and the Venetian were pretty poor... maybe 2 out of 5. Le Bistro was terrific as was La Cucina. Our Cagny reservations got lost somehow and they put us into Bambo which is an Asian eatery. We should have listen to the teen from Montreal who said... OMG its horrible. She was right. It was probably one of the worst meals ever. Wrong noodles and wrong spices for most dishes and the meats were burned. Most of the meal was en edible. The manager asked us how we enjoyed the meal... we were honest.. it was obvious she felt bad and offered to take the charges off our bill since this was a specialty restaurants. Overall, I thought the food was poor throughout. To be fair, hit and miss. The garden Cafe was good in some bad in other areas. Some people we spoke to said Aqua was one of the best meals ever... those people probably like Olive Garden.

The spa massages were ok.

Overall, we had a good time but overall it was only 3 of 5.

Norwegian Dawn Cruises to Bermuda

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Dawn Review
Norwegian Dawn Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?