Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Lynnespock: Carnival Glory - cheap for a reason

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Carnival Glory - cheap for a reason

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I am not a frequent cruiser but my friend had never been on a cruise, so I thought a short one would be a great introduction.My friend really needed a wheel chair - we waited 1 hour 40 minutes and although we asked about this after 1 hour, they finally let us walk through the place where the wheelchairs go. When we asked the first time, we sort of got a shut up and sit down attitude. Some of the staff on the dock where nice, some very nasty.

Food was good and service in the dining room was excellent. Cabin was a bit run down looking. Steward was terrible leaving dirty glasses, not replacing glasses in the bathroom and not doing the smallest thing I ask; to leave me ice. Never unlocked the cabinet to the frig. No hot tub, the adult pool was hot enough to make tea (why salt water?) entertainment was good but nothing on the first night except a show at 10:30 to introduce us to the ship. Ship is hard to negotiate and find where you want to be.

Now about the service: I More injured my foot on the first day and spent almost an hour trying to get some ice to keep the swelling down. I called every one and didn't get an answer anywhere. I was put on hold or there was no answer to the call, just kept ringing. Finally, and I realize this is terrible, I was in such pain, I called the 911 button and they told me how to get guest relations. It still took 15 minutes to get the ice. There are no public ice machines and if the steward doesn't get the bucket filled, you have to rely on the bartenders for ice or travel to Lido to get ice from the buffet, which, when you are in pain, is not the best idea - nor was walking on my VERY swollen foot! the cruise was cheap and I guess you get what you pay for but not so cheap that I would go on a Carnival Cruise again. Also, I answered their survey and didn't get ANY sort of response! We went to New Brunswick - St John. Quaint with not much to do or see. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Oceanview Main 2344

Locked the cabinet to the refrigerator, ok closets, unattractive cabins, hallway noisy with lots of room service dishes around, couldn't find any crew there except in the am when they were cleaning. if You want to go fore or aft on the ship's deck 3 or 4 you have to go to 5 and take the stairs or elevator down. Better to go to 2 and then up since it is a straight walk rather than all through the clubs, casino, etc.