Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Creaseattack

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Creaseattack
Jewel of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Member Name: Creaseattack
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: GS
See More About: Jewel of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Lower your expectations and they might exceed them

Embarkation was fast being a suite guest - bypassed line and was on ship fast. Luggage didn't show up fast, most others had theirs before we got ours. Cabin attendant provided no better service than in regular stateroom. Suite was nice, glass on balcony was filthy - I actually bought a squeegee in St Croix and washed it myself everyday - well worth it - we enjoyed the large balcony and spending time watching waves go by.

My time dining has diluted the dining experience - servers don't see you every night and don't get to know you like they used to. Our waiter was so-so; our assistant waiter was great and walked over even when we weren't at his table.

Prebooked (and prepaid) couples massage - my wife's was OK, mine felt like I was getting a massage from an untrained person who had no business charging me for a massage. When I complained and wanted to enforce the 1--% satisfaction guarantee on the wall - they balked because I had prepaid and offered me a 20 percent discount. So as not to embarrass my wife, I walked away. Mistake. RCCL will not respond to me. A word to the wise, get your massages on land for half the money or seriously lower your expectations.

The Jewel also does some lounge acts in their atrium - very loud and bothersome in cabins close to atrium. - They did do a very nice 4th of July patriotic program - a sing along with old standards - wife loved that.

Debarkation very smooth -was at SJU airport VERY early.

I guess I have to lower my expectations with RCCL - the 150 percent surcharge we paid to be in a suite was mostly for naught - all we really got was a larger room. Celebrity obviously feels better, and their suite product is not just slightly better, it is orders of magnitude better.

Publication Date: 08/25/13