Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Victor bravo: Better than most reviews...but

Victor bravo
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Western Caribbean Cruises

Better than most reviews...but

Sail Date: January 2013

Overall, a fine looking ship and good experience. This was my 6th cruise and celebrity food tops my epicurean experiences. The embarkation and excursion processes were streamlined and easy. my mattress wasn't as nice and fluffy as some of the heavenly mattresses on newer royal ships, it kinda sagged. I am not alone in this complaint and know some fellow cruisers requested replacement mattresses, but didn't want to bug the housekeeping staff. We upgraded to concierge class but wouldn't again. Our balcony stateroom was no bigger and the "butler" was just as elusive as any cabin boy. Their nightly hors deprives were old and we were afraid to eat them. In fact, even though the food overall was fabulous, -most of my complaints are about dining.

While MDR Is lovely they need to replace the threadbare chairs. it was the first thing i noticed. the waiters are friendly, but it took 40 minutes to locate the sommelier and get wine served.(it also took a an act of congress to get coffee More refilled at any sitting.) I recommend getting a drink in a bar prior to your dinner seating. And while on the subject of wine, their cellarMasters wine tasting is a great idea, but they'd sell more of the $2-$5 wine tastings if you were able to swipe your sea pass or cruise room key. We had to go back to our stateroom to fetch a credit card and by that time blew it off. I digress. The MDR dinner music was a techno pop dance mix and would be more relaxing if instrumental or classic was played in background. Please tell the catering manager to order chocolate croissants! It took 4 days for a waiter to locate some...and them we had to disembark.

With all the classes offered onboard, it would be smart to have a dining etiquette/charm school, even place setting/napkin folding seminar/ class to enroll children in. Adults as well might benefit from knowing which fork to use and it would elevate table manners of passengers.i say this not because we saw some tank tops and visors in the MDR for lunch, but because we were seated with families in baseball caps and elbows on tables as well.....the maitre d should direct these casually clad to the seaside cafeteria where they would feel more comfortable.

We sat at the same table for every night but the one, to specialty french restaurant, the highlight of the cruise, but never saw a photog come around. After 5 days we finally found one picture of ourselves, but would have been willing to buy one every night if they'd been taken. Hire a few photographers, celebrity! It's a cash cow!

Another moneymaker is Bingo. Please have it everyday. Somewhere. For those who enjoy it. it's a moneymaker for the cruise line and u won't have disgruntled passengers who couldn't fit into the ONE bingo tournament. And hey, have a bartender in there. I had to cross half the ship to bring 2 drinks back to bingo and missed the first game. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Concierge Class Panorama Deck (8)

Snuba

(2)

It was a little chaotic and confusing finding the place, room, instructor and I'm fluent in Spanish. Once suited up, u listen to a 15 minute talk about mask and ropes and weights and I was more terrified by that point. Unless you're an adventurer or real comfortable with your swimming abilities, u might be a little overwhelmed with the details. My sister couldn't get past the weight belt and water in her mask so spent the whole $150 trip getting seasick on the little float 20 feet above.. The guide moves quickly and confidentially and u will be left behind if u don't get over it. Better bet- hop a $7 cab to Margaritaville where u can drink and eat guacamole on their Caribbean deck overlooking caribbean lagoon and SWIM, float, bounce & snorkel, using their equipment for FREE

Read 4 Snuba Reviews

Not enough time to rally see KW...and get to Hemingway house first or you'll miss it due to long wait.

Read 734 Key West Reviews