Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Senior Single

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Senior Single
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: Senior Single
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: B2
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Second Atlantic crossing with QM2 just as great as first

When I booked this voyage, it was a last minute something to do over the summer. It was one of the best ever, and I started sailing in 1949 with the Queen of Bermuda from New York to Hamilton. My husband and I did a lot of cruising and river cruising, and now that I am widowed, I still enjoy this form of travel. You meet wonderful people who are fellow travellers and can contribute to conversations over dinner regarding where they have been and what is not to be missed at various ports.

My cabin was called a "sheltered balcony" on deck 6,and was cut into the hull rather than out over the side of the ship. Wonderful - even though it was a bit chilly to sit out, I did enjoy watching the calm seas through the glass door as we sailed. The room had wonderful closet space and a nice refrigerator for my spare cheeses. My bed was very comfortable, the shower nice and hot, and the cabin steward very attentive to doing his tidy-up the minute I left the room.

The lecture series were something I had never had on another line, and I attended just about all of them. The subjects were varied, and the speakers certainly knew what they were talking about! I enjoyed the Titanic lecture so much on the eastbound trip that I went to it again on the westbound leg. The young man has facts and information I had never heard before, and was amazed to hear this time. The planetarium shows were also something new and different, and most enjoyable. It is a bit difficult to get the tickets, but I did stand in the long 9:00am line to get them on several days. Never regrated it!

I found the Apassionata show simply wonderful - saw it in both directions and was most appreciative of the Vienese walty opening and the Russian dance later in the show. How they can change those fabulous costumes so quickly is another wonder - and where or where can they store all of them? I must take another trip with the QM2 just to be able to enjoy all of the daily activities that I missed because of other things I had to do the first time.

Publication Date: 08/24/13