Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by rwd4395: Freedom to be DULL!

rwd4395
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Freedom to be DULL!

Sail Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was my sixteenth cruise, and my first out of Port Carnival. Flew into Orlando from Texas the morning of the cruise. This is one of the best airports I have travelled into. Very clean, well organized, and easy to navigate. Lots of children with excitement in their eyes, and visions of Mickey.

I booked transportation to the ship with RCI, as I have used them in the past. The port is approx. 50 minutes from the airport. The process was very disorganized and the staff very unfriendly. All seemed bored and only took the job while they were waiting for another. You have to haul your luggage from baggage claim to the floor below with no assistance of any kind. You go over to a desk, get a number which is never used or called, and haul your luggage to the waiting area, and then haul your luggage to the bus. Very poor first impression. I suggest you use an alternative.

Arrived at the port and was on the ship in less than twenty minutes. Staff at the port very efficient More and helpful. My mother needed a wheelchair to get on the ship, and this was taken care of right away. Great job here!!

Ship was in good shape. I had booked Promenade staterooms 6587 and 6589. I almost always book the Promenade. Great view and the best seat in the house for the Parade. Room was ready when we arrived and luggage arrived before sail away. Great job here!!

I will not review any ports, as we never left the ship. It is a been there done that thing with us We enjoy the ship on port days. This ship seemed very crowded at all times, so was nice to have it ourselves on port days.

We ate at both Chops and Portofinos. Both were excellent and suggest both while on board. Well worth the up charge.

Television and movie selection just awful. I know you do not go on a cruise for either one, but when you feel like curling up in the cabin with room service and watch a movie there should be better choices. Very few movies in the screening room or jumbo screen. No movies in the main theater.

I found the food to be good with the usual choices. Breakfast very crowded. Went to the main dining room one morning and there were at least 75 people in line. Just left and went to the buffet.

There seemed to be nothing to do on this ship except go to the pool. No music on the promenade or any activities. Some lecture three times on the creation of the internet! HUH?????????? Very dull all in all.

Bar prices were average, and drinks were well made. Great beer selection in the Pub.

All in all we had a good time, but not very exciting.

Time for an itinerary change, and a different ship for sure. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Promenade Stateroom Deck 6 6589

Promenade 6587. Nice size closet with safe and plenty of hangers. Lots of drawers and cubby holes. One sofa under a window looking out over the Promenade, and another along the wall. Lamps and reading lights on each side of the bed. Nice size bathroom with shower. No shower curtain, but a sliding door instead. Some noise from Promenade during certain times, but gets quiet early. Nice room directly across from Vintages Wine bar. The Logo shop is underneath, but no noise problem.