Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by allthewaytotheport

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by allthewaytotheport
Oasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: allthewaytotheport
Cruise Date: August 2013
Cabin Category: D4

Meh

Ok....I guess I wanted to try something different, I haven't cruised in 10 years and that first cruise was a great experience. The Oasis is a big and beautiful ship, but I was only really impressed when I drove up and saw the ship from the outside. Cruising is not for everyone. 7 days made me feel trapped, 5 days would have sufficed. The food was ok, the service was excellent! People seemed very gluttonous with the soda packages and the buffets, but I guess that's the idea:) I also feel this should be all inclusive and there are so many extras, what's the point?

Our room was fantastic and very comfy beds. The balcony over the ocean was magical. Our room attendant, Ciao, was fantastic! We were near Central Park, which I think was a great location. We ate regularly at Park Cafe. Food was good, better and less crowded then the Windjammer. Our waiter in the main dining room, Walter was amazing!

We made reservations for all the shows and they were ok. The main comedians were horrible, I wish I would have heckled them then it would have been funny. The opening comedian was fantastic, he should be the main event. All the other shows are worth seeing, good not great. There was a cabaret with 2 of the Hairspray actors and that was fabulous. I barely saw the cruise director Amy and when I did she just seemed fake. I still remember the cruise director from my cruise 10 years ago and he would have blown her out of the water.

I cruised with girlfriends and although there were other single guys on the ship, they kind of sucked, but I know that's not RC's fault. It was mostly families, tons of family oriented events that we avoided. We spent our days at the Solarium to avoid the kids, it was very pleasant. The night life was ok, there was an 80's night which was great, but other then that it was top 40 music, which was boring. Tons on teenagers, maybe cause we went in the summer? Not sure, but they ruled the ship. There were honeymooners, but they seemed bored with each other after 7 days. I got a massage at the spa and it was superb!

I really thought this experience was about the cruise and not the ports, however I found the ports to be the best part. Labadee was gorgeous, and I am from Miami and the water was perfect we just spent the whole day in it! Falmouth was ok too we did a zip lining and tubing on the Martha Brae River excursion. Zip lining was fun the river was nice, but a little boring. They provided us with lunch, jerk chicken and some kind of bread and juice-best meal the entire trip!!!! In Cozumel we went snorkeling. This was magnificent! Clear, warm blue water, gorgeous fish and coral reef, we loved it!

Overall a very relaxing vacation, u are forced not to use your phone or the internet. Great for families, especially of all ages. You are forced to spend time with your families cause u cannot escape! I would only cruise again with a significant other or family. Not a single girls trip. I also got sick when I got back. Use the anti-bacterial soaps they have everywhere!!!!

Any questions feel free to ask:) allysondawn@hotmail.com

Publication Date: 08/21/13