Celebrity Century Cruise Review by blb4711: NOT A GOOD CHOICE

Member Since 2008

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

Please don't waste your time or money. This ship is older, and needs some serious updating. Beds were indented from prior bodies, food was never warm enough, and drinks were never cold. At times I felt like I was traveling in a foreign country. Our dinner staff were wonderful, but others were not so much.

Our room was noisy and the vibration was terrible. I would have happily paid for an additional upgrade if Celebrity would have told me how miserable my 7 days were going to be. I honestly felt like I was inside a chicken pen in the back of a truck. Sleep was impossible! I talked to several people and complained. I was finally downgraded to an inside cabin on the 9th floor with no window, but took it gladly to get some sleep.

Overall not a good experience, we tried to make the best of it, but I would definitely not cruise Celebrity again. I have been on Carnival and NCL in the past and consider both of them a step way above. I was expecting a little more on More Celebrity.

I have a charge issue on my final bill and have now been waiting on hold for 1 hour trying to speak to someone about it. Something is not right with this cruiseline.

Shop around elsewhere to avoid the frustration. Less

Published 08/24/13