“Great cruise for solo cruisers”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas

victordragon18 Jewel of the Seas 4 Great cruise for solo cruisers
victordragon18
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Well if you want to take a low profile cruise and you're interested in the singles mingle program, this is the right choice for you.

Our ports of embarkation were Grand Cayman and Cozumel, however due weather condition we were unable to tender in the first one, so check the weather forecast 1 month prior your sailing schedule.

Now just to make it quick recap here:

At Tampa the embarkation was neat and if you're Crown and Anchor member (like me!), there is no line at all.

I book a balcony stateroom at deck 10 and it was close to the, stairs, fitness center, and the solarium, the best feature of that ship class if you ask me.

Almost all the staff are enjoyable and some of them might be willing to go the extra mile if you get the same stateroom category I got.

The food at the main dining room and at the buffet was great. I didn't go to the specialty restaurants, but I did hear comments, and the steak house was worth the buck.

If you're a party gore I definitely recommend the beverage package that way you won't have pay $6 to $12 per drink, plus tip!

Now with the entertainment, Royal Caribbean should update this division right away, I mean in one side you got the Broadway shows, and all 3 were great, but then you got some redneck singing opera and some variety show with a newcomer magician/banjo player, I mean you wouldn't hire that guy for your kid B-day. Also our cruise director was nice and had a lot of stamina, even for her age, so I would say is the best cruise director I have at Royal Caribbean.

If you're in your in your 20's they got a special program for singles, but it was available only for spring break, so keep in mind that. And I wish I could go further with the details but there might be young users reading so let's move on!

Now another downside I found during this trip was the is the ground transportation at the debarkation, even if you say your flight depart in the late morning or at the noon, the bus will wait for the rest of passengers, even the ones who have to go thru customs, so you might argue with the bus driver here. I would advise the people who are planning to take a cruise in Tampa, to get a independent ground shuttle at the debarkation port, there are several there and they are cheaper instead of booking with Royal Caribbean.

So I would totally recommend this ship to anyone interested.

I hope this might clear some doubts to the pro-cruisers, and first-timers as well

Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Jewel of the Seas Review
Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?