Carnival Glory Cruise Review by bedfordmom: Good cruise terrible weather

Good cruise terrible weather

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Boston

We did the June 25 NE/Canada cruise from Boston; so this review is a little late. Since we are from the Boston suburbs, we were happy to drive the 20 minutes into town, park in the cell phone lot and be on the ship all within the hour. This was the smoothest departure that we ever had. We enjoyed our interior which was on the 10th floor towards the very end of the ship.

With 8 cruises under our belt, and the last two with Carnival, we knew the drill. We did enjoy the 2.0 upgrades like the Guys Bergers and the Burrito Bar. We weren't particularly impressed with the Fish and Chips as we felt the items smelled fishy as we are used to really fresh seafood. Other than the fish and chips we really enjoyed the lunches.

Suppers were also very good, we were always able to find something to eat. For breakfast, I personally enjoyed either the Punchliner Brunch when they opened on sea days for breakfast or the Burrito Bar.

I agreed with the previous reviews that the More entertainment was horrible. The recorded music made it even worse. We did enjoy the Punchliner shows and tried to make almost everyone since the stage shows were so horrible.

Ports: Saint John: This was a pleasant surprise. I was actually looking forward to Halifax more. It had this really small town feel with lots of stores. We were greeted with a rose upon leaving the ship which was a class act. We did the Reversing Falls Jet Tour on our own booking it prior to our departure online. It was the most exciting 20 minutes of our life. Our teens loved it. We took a taxi back and forth for 10$ each way. We wore our bathing suits under the yellow slicker outfits that they provided so we only had to lug wet suits in our backpack. They provided small towels and a dressing room. When we got back to the town, we stopped at one mall with a library and free internet. We had a snack at Tim Hortons there. We walked to another mall where they actually had a dollar store with soveniers! We also went into Freaky Lunchbox, a great candy store on steriods. A brief visit to the Market where there was a lovely lady drawing caricatures for under $5 as well as Java Moose coffee and free internet. On the way back to the ship we stopped by a bunch of antique and record shops. A great day.

Halifax. We rented a car at Alamo across the street and drove to Peggy's Cove. Unfortunately it downpoured on us when we got there. We ate at Ryers Lobsters, very rustic and fresh. On the way back we stopped at Arcadia Maple and then into the city to see the Titanic Cemetary. We returned the car by 2pm. As my family went back to the ship; I went to the Titanic museum myself. Very interesting and wished I had more time to the rest of the maritime museum. Not alot of stores on the walkway but there was a small craft market outside the ship.

Like I said in the title, the weather was not good. My husband who tried to watch the outside movies in the drizzle had to deal with the foghorns every five minutes. All in all other than the weather which was not Carnivals fault, it was a good cruise. I am sorry to hear that they are pulling out of Boston next year. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>