Zuiderdam Cruise Review by Sunshine6933

Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: J
See More About: Zuiderdam Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Zuiderdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Zuiderdam Deck Plans
I'm Sory... No I AM SORRY I booked with Holland America

I dealt with Holland America directly to book the cruise and prepaid 2 dinners for my family of 6, a $25.00 soda card, $250.00 Spa access and I also requested Wheelchair service for my mother. After 10 trips to the front desk in the first 2 days I found out that everything I preordered didn't get added to my profile because Holland America switched my cabin. This shouldn't have been a quick easy fix. However they didn't accept responsibility or take initiative to resolve these issues.

I'm Sorry there is nothing we can do followed by silence was the standard response from everyone I dealt with. I would offer simple suggestions on how this could be solved (eg. just give me another soda card and figure out the accounting later) and they would just be quiet until I finally walked away.. It became obvious that their goal was to get me to leave. Not find out how they could help. They insisted that it was head office and I should just pay again onboard and figure it out when I get home. Again shifting the responsibility back to me to follow up and deal with Holland America's mistakes. The majority of my cruise was spent troubleshooting the mistakes of the cruise line and asking for what I already paid for. I had to double pay for everything and spend an hour on the phone with their customer service people when I got home to find out why preordered items were canceled 3 days into the cruise and why my visa hasn't been credited for the double payment.

Lack of Customer Service Examples:

My brand new Luggage had a hole in it when it was delivered to my room.

I'm sorry there is nothing I can do. I asked to talk to a supervisor and his first response was" I'm sorry there's nothing we can do". I said that I purchased full insurance and this should be covered. After 10 minutes he decided that he'd have to look into it. The front desk girl asked me to go bring her the luggage. I said that I'm going to dinner she can send someone to go pick it up. I had to call back on day 4 and 5 for them to look at the luggage and on day 6 I filled out a form stating that I would get a $100.00 credit for my $350. luggage.

The cleaners left a wet bathroom rag in-between my suitcase and the dinner clothes I had draped over it. What were the cleaners doing by my closet handling my luggage? Let alone wiping things down with the bathroom rag! I held the rag outside the door and the cabin boy looked horrified. He ran past me, grabbed the rag and said, I'm sorry before he disappeared around the corner. I didn't call the front desk because I knew they wouldn't be helpful.

I question the cleanliness of the ship and the integrity of the staff. The customer service agent is looking into my concerns and said she was embarrassed of their staff's actions. It's been two weeks since I talked with them and I haven't heard if they are going to refund my prepaid items or make up the difference in the value of the suitcase.

I'm sorry Holland America. I won't be cruising with you again.

Publication Date: 08/24/13