Eurodam Cruise Review by jameila: She could be very bad..she could be very good!
Overall Member Rating
She could be very bad..she could be very good!
Destination: Baltic Sea
We sailed as a family of 5 in a deluxe suite and an inside cabin on this 8 day cruise to Norway stopping Bergen , Flam , Stavanger and Hardanger,
1.The food was outstanding with the Asian restaurant (Silk Den I think) being the highlight. Service in the ambient adjoining bar by the bar staff was also brilliant.
2. Our deluxe suite was on the aft port side of the ship on deck 5. Slightly smaller than normal Neptune Suites with nice modern furnishings ( I liked them better than the Noordam's equivalent suites), not a hugely wide balcony for the aft compared to some other ships but good enough spanning 2 sides of the ship with a table/chairs and sun loungers. We were happy to watch the fjords go by there on one afternoon. Excellent cabin attendant.
3. Possibly the best live band I have ever seen at sea. They sang blues, rock and R&B, had a female and male singer that came on as separate live acts with the band. They were so good we More went to see them a few times and dragged the 6 year old to see them in her pyjamas late on the last night . She thought they were ace too.
4. Travelling to Norway by ship is a good way to save money! (Prices onshore are eye watering). Bergen was the pick of the ports , even with all the rain.
1. The cruise line needs to work on check in for suite passengers out of Amsterdam; staff in the terminal have no idea what priority boarding is about.
2. The children's club management and staff were utterly appalling, rude, lazy and unhelpful. If you have young children , do not travel on this ship ( sadly this is completely the opposite to the experience we had on the Noordam, Eurodams sister ship a couple of years back who were great with our then 1 year old).
3. Captains functions and day to day activities were dull. So little was there to do ( other than watch the excellent band at night) that the karaoke arranged once during the cruise on the last night was wildly popular and oversubscribed with families wanting something (anything) to do. Shame they never opened the bar. ( This seemed to be a recurring problem -i.e. finding a decent bar with some atmosphere for a drink). My overall impression is this line could make a lot more money if their events organisers thought more about what they are doing and made interesting, fun things for people to engage in.
4. We had to change ports last minute for one stop and ended up in a lack lustre industrial port called Hardanger, The cruise line could have done better organising events for that one. Heaps of people stayed on board only to find there was virtually NOTHING to do between about 9.30am on 3.30pm onboard.
All in it was reasonable but with the kids club debacle and the onboard events being a bit dull as they were we will go upmarket and perhaps try Crystal next year, albeit in a smaller cabin. Less
Read more Eurodam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Eurodam Review >>
Cabin review: SB5186 Neptune Suite with Verandah
Our deluxe suite was on the aft port side of the ship on deck 5. Slightly smaller than normal Neptune Suites with nice modern furnishings ( I liked them better than the Noordam's equivalent suites), not a hugely wide balcony for the aft compared to some other ships but good enough spanning 2 sides of the ship with a table/chairs and sun loungers. We were happy to watch the fjords go by there on one afternoon. Excellent cabin attendant.Read All Neptune Suite with Verandah (SB) Reviews >>
Could be so much more
Great ports and good crew assi...
Very comfortable and enjoyable...
Enjoyable and good value
Lack lustre shame
Excellent first time experienc...
Wonderful relaxing cruise!