Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Buddys dad: Overall I was not pleased with this cruise.

Buddys dad
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Overall I was not pleased with this cruise.

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

Overall I was not pleased with this cruise.

On the positive side, the staff was top notch. Great service, waiters were attentive and everyone was friendly.

Room cleanliness was fine and the ship was in nice shape.

We were disappointed with a few things.

We felt they pulled back on so many things. Some very minor and some more significant.

For example, they had a nice room for working out, and then showers. No hair dryer. Not that is not a big thing but simply disappointing and inconvenient to clean up after a workout.

A big thing was the quality of the food in the main dining rooms. They tried to make the entries fancy with sauces etc but the basic food was not up the the OLD Princess standards. The portion size was small. Yes we know you can order more but on a daily basis, we did not want to order 2 dinners.

We opted for the buffet a few times for dinner. A few main dishes were ok on the buffet but overall, I was not More pleased. Don't take this cruise for the food.

Being a Platinum class (7 cruises) the embarkation had a separate area for us previous cruisers. All seats were taken and all refreshments were gone soon after opening.

The internet cafe was only for surfing the net and getting email that they can charge you for. I took lots of pictures and wanted to view from my camera to a screen and they said NO. They had no classes in the internet cafe as other cruise lines have.

We booked a few excursions from the boat. Most were disappointing in that they all had LONG bus rides for limited tour times. To be on a bus for an hour to see the Italian Chapel for 30 minutes and then to a distillery for an hour and then another hour on the bus, makes no sense.

We went to Blarney Castle. We arrived after a ride of over one hour and had 2 hours there. The line to kiss the stone was 1 3/4 hours long and there was not guarantee that you would make it. We decided to just go to the castle and forget the Kissing of the Blarney Stone...They closed the castle for visitors other than those committed to the kiss. So we walked to the Blarney House. OOPS, they closed it before we got there. So the only thing left was to walk the gardens which were worse than my back yard. With 2 of the 3 attractions of the Blarney Castle NOT AVAILABLE, we just walked around.

I complained to Princess and they gave me a 20% credit. I guess they need the money more than I do. I was insulted and told them to keep the 20%.

One day we booked a private tour in Belfast. Our tour started at 9:00 am. We got off the boat at 10:30 and missed 1 1/2 hour of our private tour. ALL THE PRINCESS TOURS WERE OFF THE BOAT BEFORE WE WERE ALLOW TO LEAVE.

On the final evening, I received my final bill. I had a credit card on file to pay the charges. Note the bill was marked FINAL. When I tried to disembark, they said I had open charges and had to go to the service desk. How embarrassing. they forgot to add a charge to my bill from the previous week and just held me up. The service desk line was 20 minutes while my traveling friends waited at the door. When I told them that a card was on file, they said OK, I can go. Then upon leaving the boat, they tried to stop me again. After a few choice words, they let me go.

I did enjoy the sugar free ice cream, pizza always needed to be warmed up again and the burgers were always like warm and French Fries never hot and crispy.

Overall I would not select this cruise line. This is the first review that I have ever done for a cruise. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>